• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Time for fishing Lizz

Started by Aab131, August 15, 2007, 05:33:33 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Aab131

I am new in fishing and a friend of mine told me to go and fish with him for Lizz. The period that he told me is good for fishing it is between November & June whilst another person told me that it starts much later. Can someone pls help on the proper period for fishing it. Also if you have some advises for it just advise. Thks & have nice fishing.

Jonathan

There are 2 main types of lizzijiet to be found in Malta - one of which is migratory and the other of which (smaller) has pretty much become a "permamently residential" species over the past 10 or 12 years. The important thing is the time - lizzijiet bite best either very early in the morning (as in pre sunrise) or just about sunset, so you have a time-gap which is very optimal, but also quite short.
---- www.BoatLinkMalta.com ----
The Website For 2nd Hand Boats

Aab131

Thanks Jonathon for your help. Appreciated it alot. As regards the migratory types what is it's period?

jon109

i am also very interested to fish for lizz (mediterranean barracuda) ... looking forward for next season!! ..immorru wahda Aab131 ehh :) ... bdw great forum!!
Why do fish make men go crazy?

Jonathan

The migratory species is usually to be found between May and November
---- www.BoatLinkMalta.com ----
The Website For 2nd Hand Boats