• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Fishing And Tackle Stores In Gozo

Started by Canadian_Charlie, February 15, 2011, 14:00:25 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian_Charlie

Thinking of going over to Gozo in the coming weeks, can anyone suggest some places to buy bait if I happen to run out?

robby017

depends what you're targetting..... if its mullett.... any baker i suppose :D
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Canadian_Charlie

More in the way of worms I was thinking about

malvizzu

Any descent fishing tackle shop should have Korean worms and bibi. Or else you can find a fish shop and buy small prawns. They are also very good for bottom fishing.
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

The_Gaffer

The chap is asking about outlets in Gozo.  There's one opposite the Arkadia in Victoria Gozo, just before you start the hill leading to victoria centre on the main road.  Indeed, any fishshop will have shrimps though, so you might want to try that as bait.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Canadian_Charlie

Can someone list some names of these stores and where they are

robby017

there is a tackle shop in rabat but i don't know if he supplies bait..... drive past it-tokk(monti) in the direction going to dwejra and gharb...turn to the right and opposite one of the hills up to cittadella there is a tackle shop.... as i said, i never bought bait from gozo..... always took it up with me

The_Gaffer

Quote from: Canadian_Charlie on February 15, 2011, 15:21:08 CET
Can someone list some names of these stores and where they are

Sorry mate, not that familiar with names, but I did provide you with a good description where one tackle shop is, Robby017 provided another.  You could though, ask around while in Gozo, they're a friendly lot there and will surely provide pointers.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

robby017

robby017

http://www.yellowpages.com.mt/SEAFRONT-CRAFTS-FISHING-TACKLE;/FISHING-TACKLE;ONEONDNNKL1=ONELK5-in-Malta-Gozo.aspx

and another....... found these online so i hope they are still open....... you can always give them a call in advance.

SEAFOX

Hi CC - Just got back from Gozo yesterday and of course I know where all or most, tackle shops are. One is the place that the Gaffer mentioned ..opposite the Arcadia, sign is on the main road but entrance is on the side by the wire fencing, a bit of a messy place but loads of tackle. Another one, and this is the oldest tackle shop in Gozo, is just on exiting Victoria going west towards Gharb or San Lawrence exactly on the sharp curve where the large traffic mirror is, left side opposite the mirror is the tackle shop. The other real nice one (loads of tackle and weapons) is behind the Sports Complex in Victoria, a few yards to the left of the "Down Town" hotel. Maybe Robby017 has found these in the am link, could be cos I did not open it.

simonc

Hi,

I am from Gozo, and can tell you that the only one with live bait (Korean Worms) is a shop in Victoria (Rabat) the name is 'Sail n Fish' address Sta Domenica Str, Victoria (opposite Scouts Headquarters) Tel : 27015329/79061169 and his name is Louis, it's on the way to Munxar.  

Please note that usually we have to order the worms a few days before Friday when he gets them from Malta. He is the local agent for Mr Fish in Malta so you have an idea what he has available.

If you need shrimps I recommend Bugeja Fish Market on the way up from Mgarr harbour going to Victoria it's really hard to miss and he has large variety of fresh fish which is ideal for bait.

if you need any further help please ask

placebo

take them with you from Malta ... they do not stock worms in Gozo.

the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing