• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

What Speargun should I buy??

Started by briandive16, August 19, 2010, 10:21:12 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

briandive16

Hi I am Brian Attard and I would like an advice on choosing a spear gun.  I am interested in buying a 110 spear gun but I am confused on choosing the material.  Can someone help me decide what is the best spear gun to have whether if it is carbon fiber or wood?? And is there a specific model that is really on top of the others?? If reasons are given for your choice, I would really appropriate  your help.  I thank you in advance and hope to receive a reply.
From Brian Attard

freediver

Hi there i use carbon speargun it is very good because it is very light in weight and its not that expensive i use marlin carbon aand i find it very good.

markcam

What setup are you going to use on it? As in spear thickness and how many bands?

Kevin G

hi, I would like an advice on choosing a spear gun.  I am interested in buying a 110 spear gun but I am confused on choosing between Beuchat, Cressi, Omer

I was targeting
Beuchat Marlin Carbon or Beuchat Mundial Competition

Cressi Geronimo Elite

Omer HF Cayman

I already got a Beuchat.

What is your opinion guys?
The Sea Sweeper :D

baghira

If you are happy with your gun, keep the same setup, trigger, handle etc..... That's my opinion.
I would go for a carbon due to the length, and an open head...
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kevin G

Tnx baghira, I think I stick to the beuchat Marlin it seems its quite a powerfull gun.
The Sea Sweeper :D