• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Fisfinders

Started by simonc, March 13, 2011, 20:05:42 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

simonc

Hi,

last week I was at Mr Fish and I saw the Lowrance X-4 Pro. For the price it's a bargain at only eur125 especially with dual frequenqy transducer and a depth of 1000feet. Does any one know regarding the frequency. The unit is 83/200 kHz and I heard that for sea water the frequency has to be 50/200 kHz.
Does anyone know how much the frequency effects the depth range of the device.
I have also noted the Lowrance X-59DF with 50/200kHz and 1500ft range, it looks like a good unit too however I dont have any idea of the price in Malta as Mr Fish did not have this model.

If anyone knows which would be an ideal fishfinder for maltese waters please help me out. I dont need very powerful units as I wont be going out too deep, but up to 400-500 meters would be great.

Thanks again

Saupe

Check out at Caruana Marine Centre at Bir id-Deheb ;)
I only fish on days that end in "Y" ...

Shaftbomb

If my memory is not failing there should be some replies on the forum on exactly what u r asking, by joe the gaffer as somebody asked the same question last year.....it will definitely help you i think.

busumark

the fishfinders that have a depth of 1500 ft will not give you bottom reading for 400-500 meters. the Lowrance HDS will give you easily that depth and they are at a very good price compared to other fishfinders that give the same depth.

The_Gaffer

SimonC - there are a number of threads discussing fishfinders on the boards here.  Just type Fishfinder in the search box, and read through them.  Alot of info and equipment reviews were posted.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/