• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Texas passes Bill on cheating during Fishing Tournaments

Started by caldaland, May 12, 2011, 16:54:12 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

caldaland

Texas Passes Bill Making Lying about Your Fish Illegal by GoFISHn TeamSome people will do anything to win a fishing tournament or say they've caught the biggest fish, and Texas is making it illegal.
A bill just hit the governor's desk that would make it a misdemeanor and in some cases a felony to misrepresent the size, weight or provenance of a fish in a fishing tournament.

This comes on the heels of one pro angler trying to win a $55,000 fishing boat in 2009 by adding lead weight to his bass. He was caught and thrown in jail for 15 days.

The new law extends to both freshwater and saltwater tournaments. A violation would be a Class A misdemeanor, unless the tournament prize offered was more than $10,000, in which case it would be a third-degree felony, punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

Cheaters never prosper, and now, they're going to have to pay.
it would be interesting to know if we have a similar law in malta.

robby017

kieku edin facebook, namilek LIKE :)
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

shanook

and I ordered a mould specially made for the Anus of the Alunga, oh well there goes the watch.

EmicMalta

here in malta about 12 yr ago, we was doinga spearfishing competition and done the same. He had inserter a fish in a grouper to gain more weight that means points. Can immagine how the competitors react

ggantno1

hehe emic the best  part was that the fish inserted was a big  imsella .
Listen, I like female form in minimum dress Money to spend with a capital "S" Get a date with the woman in red Wanna be in heaven with three in a bed !!!

malvizzu

Quote from: shanook on May 12, 2011, 19:01:12 CET
and I ordered a mould specially made for the Anus of the Alunga, oh well there goes the watch.
LOOOOOOOLLL!!!!!!! :)
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

ggantno1

Listen, I like female form in minimum dress Money to spend with a capital "S" Get a date with the woman in red Wanna be in heaven with three in a bed !!!

EmicMalta