• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

float fishing - TEAM MALTA

Started by placebo, June 03, 2011, 21:00:43 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

placebo

anyone interested in float fishing technique can watch team Malta on practice in the Valletta Waterfront inlet Laguna being fished for the very first time next Tuesday morning from 8.00am onwards

This event will be the the first of six sessions in preparation for the Sport Fishing World Championships 2011 being held in Tuscany Italy.

next dates are

June 18th
July 2nd
July16th
Aug 13th and 20th

the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

ganni

i'm impressed that you are all taking this so seriously!! very well done, it will pay out :)
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

lazyfisherman

Will try to pop over - having been brought up on float fishing using champagne cork floats and 0.30 mm line I am finding it difficult to master more modern equipment and techniques so I am sure that there is much to learn from watching the pros at work.

Simon G

It would be nice if you had a good crowd chearing on.
well done !!!!  i know how difficult it is representing your country in an international comp.
I will try my best to be there
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

mulett75

These competitiors needs all the support that any one can give. A big effort is being done by these people to be prepered for there big event. Apart they using there free time for this big event, they are even forking out money from there pockets.

Since this is the first time that 2 teams are participating in such event under the name of Malta, against world champions, my wish is that a good performance will be given under the name of Malta 

lazyfisherman

I did manage to spend an hour or so there. It was  interesting to watch very good anglers catching fish using the running float on very light tackle, a technique which I am trying to learn.

In just an hour or so I feel that I have learnt a lot about this type of fishing. While I have read various articles about this type of fishing you do learn so much more by actually seeing it being done by experts. While watching the action I also had a good conversation with one of the chaps involved, who was very helpful guy and answered in detail my many questions about the techniques involved. These competitors are clearly very well prepared and deserve to do well. Good luck to all involved.

fisheye

I was there as well spent some time near placebo, it was nice to see such dedicated anglers landing some nice fish. Well done to all of them and good luck for the competition.
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

placebo

yes mate it was a great venue ... mullet and giltheads did not stop biting.

With over 20kgs of netted fish it turned out to be a great place to get some speed fishing

Photos are available here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150215434702057

lazyfisherman

placebo

placebo

will be fishing the main pier (outside) with bolos tomorrow morning .......... maybe some Gozitans will indulge in Sport Fishing ???? who knows the first ever Gozitan to compete in shore Angling at highest levels

placebo

some general information ..... there are other competitions and if next year Malta teams up well there are other possibilities for boat fishing (big game), shore sea  spinning and beach ledgering. If this year someone manages to organise a league and pick up national teams for these events it will be great!

http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=130602

clutch_kick

Sea spinning I can help you out no probs ;) If it's in Italy even better. Loads of contacts!
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

placebo

placebo

will be leaving tomorrow for Italy ...... This will be the online results page

http://www.sfwc2011.it/eng/risultati.html