• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Towed at sea

Started by baghira, July 14, 2011, 13:17:59 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

baghira

Yesterday started off as a very good day.... Fantastic.....
But then ended up just the opposite.

Woke up at 4:30 and went to one of my favourite spots, and on the first dive down to 19meters, I got a nice cawlun.
After some time, my buddy Mattew got a nice dentex, but it stripped off the shaft (4 kilo range), u can immagine the tension.....

2nd Place.... Got another fish but then divers came and we had to leave...

Got on the Rib and on starting the engine, an alarm sounded and I had to switch it off..
SHi.............................................
6 hours in blazing sunshine, unitl my Lovely rescuers came for support.......
My lovely Visa and Shanook....... I love these guys, they are great...... There was also Benri on stanby for help, and for this I would like to thank you all...

This is what true friends are for... otherwise i would have been left stranded at sea, leaving the many crying for me :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thanks Guys... greatly appreciated.............

By the way Visa,, ma mortx hazin. Is-Soltu tmur tistad tu ma taqbad xejn, u hekk qbadt lili, u hadt 2 hutiet mieghek id-dar.

What I did not like in this rescue was the approach >:( >:( Ehhh you know why.......
Passed by me at 30 knots, and created a Tsunami.

I think that our friend here has also a couple of photos to show you ehhhh ;D ;D

Jokes apart.

A heartfelt thanks from my side.
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Breathless

The dentex was a real pity to loose damn it but anyway.......

A real thanks to Visa and Shanook, lifesavers kontu, hehe tajba kienet tat Tsunami :-) hasilni wahda tajba......

shanook

Was not going to upload pics but since u posted here goes. I hope I can still know how to.
Well we got a call from Silvio, that he was stranded but that he was anchored so there was no life risk emergency, just a tow.
Since my boat was at B'Bugia and it would have taken me about 4 hrs to get to GOZO from there LOL, I called Visa who immediately agreed to go over but since he was in a meeting we had to leave a bit later. Benri was also ready to go but he was working till 5pm.
When we got there we just had to apply First Aid. Since Baghira and Breathless had been so much time in the sun they must have been dehydrated to first things first we passed by them with a gentle speed and sent a gentle spray of water to revive them ;)PPPP
it was a pleasure to come over, oh by the way when we left we went to Blue lagoon for a dip. We got back at about 7.30pm.

shanook

and another thing, U should have seen Silvios face when he saw us approaching at that speed and going straight at him........a million dollar expression.......

skip

Sounds like Visa liked the idea of beach rescue patrol and having I'm sure in his younger days watched countless episodes of Baywatch, he had perfected the approach and revive technique. Shanook did u dive in with one of those Orange rescue torpedo floats as you passed?

Either that or Visa wanted to show you the speed at which he was responding to your rescue call once he was out on the water!