• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Catch reports 2011 - Alongi

Started by The_Gaffer, June 14, 2011, 13:25:16 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

Any catch reports of Alongi for this year worth writing about.  are they here?...heard some were caught on a trip to lampedusa last week, about 60Nmiles off Malta. 
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

guido99

I have not heard of any catches yet by recreational fishermen, but that does not mean they are not out there, its just a case of people waiting for catch reports to come in before they dare go out on an Albacore trip, which is significantly more expensive this year. The best way to find out is to give it a shot, i'll be going out next Tuesday and maybe this coming Saturday.
Hey, what part of "Bring your own Beer" didn't you understand ?

The_Gaffer

Wow Mike, same as me...I'm out on Saturday then back out on Tuesday again!!!

_\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

guido99

Great, good to hear, see you out there !
Hey, what part of "Bring your own Beer" didn't you understand ?

robby017

good luck guys... Hopefully it pays off and you get a few strikes!
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Mayer

I will be going out tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes! Gluck guys and enjoy!

shanook

Mayer what channel do u keep the radio on I will give u a call in the afternoon. I hope to be in B'Bugia launching the boat.....

skip

Should be out as well on Saturday, coming down the East Coast from Xemxija to the SE grounds.

I will be on Ch 67 to test it out as it will be the official tournament channel for contacting the Tournament Director and Support Boats on the day.

benri

Should be out Saturday too. I'll try to test it for you Nick (providing I remember the channel no. :)
I'd rather be fishing.....

fisheye

I should be out too on Saturday hopefully sea will be good and have some hits as well, tight lines to you all.
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

Mayer

Hi shanook, I will be on a charter so would not know the channel...

SteveGB

Good luck guys....hopefully my boat will be down by the weekend and will manage to be out too...
DEADLIEST CATCH{ --> 18.5 ft Ranieri Soverato powered by 100 hp 4 stroke Yamaha & Yamaha Enduro 8hp

shanook

dont worry Mayer, have fun mate

Mayer

Hi Guys, we went out this morning from Wiedilghajn but Alongi did not want to bite. We trolled maybe for 2hrs but nothing. However early in the morning we had great fun bottom fishing where we caught over 20 Bazuk and a nice cintorin and also a nice merluzz. Good fun!

The_Gaffer

Prosit Mayer.  A friend of mine was out today, trolled 20Kmiles out from shore.  No hits whatsoever.  Seems bite is slow this year.  maybe the sea temp is still slightly low towards the coast of malta, and one has to seach beyond the 20kmile mark maybe sea temp is slightly higher!!

_\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/