• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Laham tas sega

Started by Reelin, November 10, 2008, 09:59:30 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ramio

If the cutting machine left over (Tas-sega), is hard to get by, why not use ground meat mix with bread crumbs or flour put in a contaner and pound with a piece of wood like a pecil and mortal (meris) untill it becomes a paste. The bread/ flour will absorbe the juices and blood. It should make a good paste. Or else use the food processor at home, but don't tell HER I gave you the idea!!
Can't wait to go fishing

placebo

When i use such bait i just take some (laham tas-sega) with me and just add some semolina (smid) on the place where i am fishing. i never prepare such poaste at home. there is no need!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

fisheye

@ reelin I am only suggesting, usually I used to get it from my local village butcher. Asking them will not harm. goodluck
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

Reelin

lol @ ramio...ok no worries......
Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

redbus9

Hi guys whats farkra please ?
If you can't eat it don't kill it.

skip

Courtesy of KSFA Malta:

?Farka? : The best mullet bait secret.   

"Method:   

First and foremost the bread roll has to be the type rolled in snail shell form, one which has been formed in the shape of a snails shell. Fresh and cooked at the bakers, place the fresh roll in luke warm water and let the roll absorb the warm water, one can also use warm milk. Once soaked remove roll from liquid and without damaging the roll gently squeeze the roll between your hands slowly and gently removing the access liquid. Open out the dough to its original shape before its was formed into a snail like roll. This should look like a long sausage form length of dough. Prepare a dry towel and wrap the dough into the towel gently removing more of the liquid absorbed by the bread. Remove from the first towel and wrap into a second towel, leave roll wrapped in towel, place into a plastic bag and put into the refrigerator over night. The result will be a long length of stringy bread, with your fingers pick and pull a short length of this bread and hook it onto your hook as you would hook a worm. Leave some extra length hanging below the hook. The bread becomes very rubbery like when left overnight in the fridge and is presented excellently in the sea. Use the remaining liquid \ milk to add to your ground bait.

Try this, it really works well, as good as if not better than fresh sliced bread pinched on the hook. Which by the way is my second best option. It takes a while to get it right but once you get used to it you will not go back to anything else.

Tight lines

Steve Johnston  Malta."

redbus9

Thanks Skip,had the same answer from Reelin via a P.M.
If you can't eat it don't kill it.

tin

hI Steve how old are you?i think i know you from school at lyceum hamrun.am i right?