• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Fishing Spots

Started by Sargos, June 21, 2011, 12:13:42 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargos

Hi People,

Can anyone point out some fishing spots in Malta?

I have been fishing in Valletta which is a good place but I need to find an alternative place urgently. I tried exploring the country sides of Malta but could not find anywhere decent.

Would you guys recommend me a place? :)

Thanks in advance
Sargos

robby017

QuoteI tried exploring the country sides of Malta but could not find anywhere decent.

then you didn't look hard enough...... anywhere where there is sea, you can catch fish...... its all a matter of being capable of grouping fish under you before you actually start to fish......

here is my suggestion...... find a spot you believe is good and the first thing you do is , groundbait the area.. under you up to 20m out, and circa 10 m to your left and 10 m to your right........ keep on feeding a fine ground bait (no chunks, must be all crumbs) and until you finish putting your rods and tackle together, keep on groundbaiting.......... after around 30 min, then start to fish
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Sargos

Hi Robby,

Thanks for the information. I do ground bating before and while fishing.

When I said "I couldnt find somewhere decent", I mostly referred to places where the sea level is deep, say above 10meters.

J_Z

Quote from: Sargos on June 21, 2011, 12:13:42 CET
Hi People,

Can anyone point out some fishing spots in Malta?

I have been fishing in Valletta which is a good place but I need to find an alternative place urgently. I tried exploring the country sides of Malta but could not find anywhere decent.

Would you guys recommend me a place? :)

Thanks in advance
Sargos

Not finding anywhere decent is quite difficult.... perhaps you should try harder....

But again what fish you want to fish for?

robby017

you don't always need deep water...... eg. you can get sargi and awrat from less than 1 metre of water....... depends how you fish for them then ;)
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

placebo

it is not much about fishing spots but you should learn more about fishing spots in various weather conditions.

certain spots are good on a day but hopeless on another. Depends what fishing method you do ... if you want some more help explain more
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

Sargos

Quote from: placebo on June 21, 2011, 15:53:37 CET
it is not much about fishing spots but you should learn more about fishing spots in various weather conditions.

certain spots are good on a day but hopeless on another. Depends what fishing method you do ... if you want some more help explain more

How can I analyse weather conditions for fishing spots? If you could explain, that would help me a lot.

By the way, I use a simple fishing rod which is without reel. So just throw and pull :)

placebo

so for that kind of fishing you need to be at good depths where the sea is a bit murky (not clear) ... so either you get a good 9mtr pole to fish in depths of 5-7mtrs or else .........

wait for conditions to be more wild ...... i mean that you should go after a good storm at sea and fish in top water (1 mtr depth) but in the sea spray (fir rima)

n.b - when using 9mtr poles go for 0.14mm lines (need landing net to land fish)
when using smaller poles of 5-7mtrs go for more heavy lines like 0.22mm - 0.28mm to lift the fish from water - for this method use powerful rods that enable lifts of 2kgs
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

gammarin

Qed jinqabdu klamari minn naha tisfel bhalissa?