• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Predpro

Started by digger0579, July 07, 2011, 07:17:40 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

digger0579

Good morning to you all,

Did anyone try out the predapro yet ? is it efficiant for trolling? I just bought one and going to try it out tomorrow....will let you knowthe outcome.
Petecraft 17 Sport with Suzuki DF90..............

Freeman

Get some fresh bait, make sure it's the approriate size, and you got yourself the best lure there is.

Granitu

its good of cuda and trevallies but forget to fool an amberjack with it :) - it just does not work for them unfortunately.
Good season so far.....

Freeman

I know someone who might disagree with that statement Granitu  ;)

Granted it's not the same as trolling with live bait but it's as close as u can get to it.

placebo

We did catch ajs on Predapro, but as Freeman said trolling with live bait such as freshly caught squids is much better!

However i can personally guarantee you catch Plamti, Big Lampuki, Lizz, Giant BFTs, Denci and also Albacore on it
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

baghira

I am missing something....
Predapro + fresh bait!!
Or what...
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Freeman

fresh bait = fish that still have their eyes in place :)

baghira

so same as preadpro I guess
and the predapro helps the fish to swim better....

But with regards to the larger species, I gues not with predapro, since the 2 sizes available are a bit small to target large fish
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

placebo

the big one is good for albacore and even tuna. I think if you ask manufacturer he can give you exact specs but i remember well the jig stayed pretty firm when we got 3 hits from tuna around the farms some 2 years ago ..........

the difference from fresh bait is that this jig enables dead fish to swim good, but if you use fresh small kahli and even sawrell tal imperjal as bait in offshore areas like hurd's bank you will indeed get hits from amberjacks.

the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

Granitu

Quote from: placebo on July 07, 2011, 21:03:50 CET
the big one is good for albacore and even tuna. I think if you ask manufacturer he can give you exact specs but i remember well the jig stayed pretty firm when we got 3 hits from tuna around the farms some 2 years ago ..........

the difference from fresh bait is that this jig enables dead fish to swim good, but if you use fresh small kahli and even sawrell tal imperjal as bait in offshore areas like hurd's bank you will indeed get hits from amberjacks.

nelson that's my personal experience personally i always have a 2/3 predapro lurink around a fishing box. For dentex they work but in my opinion they are not so efficient for this tyoe of fishing. for ajs i tried it out several times for some odd reason they always bite either on live bait (plausible) or the dead bait one but with predapro i would land either a nice cuda or a plamptu.

Ajs may be sensitive to its bulkiness, i don't know why to be honest could be just plain luck
Good season so far.....

cla144

Personally I have been fishing with the lure for the past 2 years. In these two years I have never caught a dentex or a swordfish with the lure but I have friends who have caught these fish on the predapro. I got many strikes of BFT around the fish farms even though never landed one with the rod, barracuda, plamti, serrer, big lampuki (biggest 5 kg). With regards to ajs I got strikes early in the morning or late evening.

Obviously if you have live bait you stand a better chance because one can never mimic the unpredicted movements of wounded bait fish with dead bait. With predapro you would have a better chance than artificial lures and unaided dead bait trolling.

Freeman

The first time I used predapro was a bit frustrating for me, we where using sawrell with it and i could not make them swim well and since I get upset quite quickly and wanted to give the predapro a full morning of "test run" we did not bring any other lures with us just to be forced to use only the preda pro, I remember the fish where rotating endlessly, it looked more of a spinner than a deadbait rig and still we had 6 strikes with lure behaving like that, 2 cudas and 1 serra, we lost 3 predapro on that day snapped clean by what we could assume where serrer. That same day I called up cla144 to get hold of some more lures, he didn't have any left but he gave me 2 of the 4 he had for himself, he explained that my problem was the bait fish i was using where too big for the lure. We set out the following day with 2 rods, one with predapro (appropriate sized vopi) and the other with a rapala xrap, sort of an experiment to confirm if the previous day was just luck or if the predapro was really that good. We get 6 stikes between 5:30 and 7:00 in the morning, landing 3 cudas and 1 serra, lost 3 fish and both my remaining predapros, not a single strike on the xrap. That's how good the predapro is for me, I also cought plamti, small aj's and nice sized strill on it and that's pretty much all the predatory fish u can find in ports. Never cought sawrell tal imperjal on them I guess they are simply too big for them.

Bottom line is that the only drawback there is to the predapro is that u cannot cast it out, else spinning would be much more fun, but as far as inshore trolling goes it's simply the best thing out there and by a long shot.

digger0579

But can you add a weight with it so it goes deeper or how deep does it go on it's self ???

bigboy

I found it great for Cudas :)

Digger, the rig will work well when used with some wieght

digger0579

Thanks big boy....will try it out the next time.....on Friday I went with the electric reel but only caught 2 bazzutiet biss u ghola kelb il-bahar xi 200 mtr qudiemi ghax kien hemm ifawwar it-tumbrell...... maaaaaa  :( :( :(