• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Denci Fishing Club competition

Started by Gogo, August 02, 2011, 07:45:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogo

Hi,
Denci Club one of the Federation Association Members is organizing a competition on the 14th August.

See Below.

Denci Fishing Club will be organizing an offshore fishing competition on Sunday 14th August 2011, at the Valletta Port. A team of two competitors on each boat are permitted, using only bottom fishing Paternoster rigs with two hooks on each rig. All boats will meet at 5.30am in the vicinity of the fish market (Valletta). Anyone interested can apply on 77000035, preferably by Wednesday 10th August. Charge is 10 Euros per person. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Melchiore Ellul

skip

This is a good opporunity for those with smaller boats or those who are into boat bottom fishing to participate in a competitive environment whilst still having fun.

I would however like Melchiore to post some more info about the prizes/trophies etc, copy of the rules and regulations.

robby017

i am interested in taking part... also, anyone interested in joining as a team member?

more info please
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

grauvell

Hello guys...regarding prizes double trophies and vouchers will be rewarded to both on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements. Also, another trophy will be presented to whoever catches the biggest fish weighing more than 700g. Moreover, a 100 Euro voucher will be rewarded with satisfaction to that individual catching the first 'Dentex' weighing 1kg or over.

On the subject of regulations, the following are the most important:

•   Two individuals on each boat are permitted; each using one rod with a rig containing two hooks. 
•   Boats are to keep a distance of 10mt from each other.
•   One boat (also in competition) is allowed to roam around to ensure orderliness and deal with any problems or situations which might crop up.
•   Competitors will be given a contact number to use in case of queries and/or emergencies during the competition.
•   Any fish to be used as bait is not permitted.
•   Preferably each boat will possess a basic first aid box.

N.B. – Other regulations will be spoken on the location before the commencement.

Thanks,
Melchiore

fisheye

I will be there as well not sure if I will be with my boat or with a friend of mine. So hope to see some of you as well
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

grauvell

U are all welcome. Please register on 77000035 (Charlie). Thanks.

Melchiore

SPITEC

So people can't use a piece of kavall or tumbrell as bait not even if in chunks?
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

grauvell

Hello guys...whole fish is not permitted, but fish chunks can be used as bait! Sorry about not being clear!! Thanks.

Melchiore

robby017

will the fishing be held inside or outside the port?

can more than 2 rods be held on board?

robby017 & Rammx..... 99.9% count us in.

toxictuna

got me interested ... from what you said all boats seem to have to be close to each other but not too much... is there some area we will be tackling?

grauvell

All boats must fish inside the port. More than two rods can be held, but only two used at a time. Boats should not necessarily stay close to each other but they should at least keep a 10mt distance from each other. Robby if interested pls call on 77000035 or send a message and we will call you back. Thanks.

Melchiore

The_Gaffer

Just a few clarifications please. 
Which port is being used, Grand Harbour, or M'Xett port.  Also, you mention the 2 hook paternoster, is this a bottom fishing comptition, or light trolling competition please?
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

robby017

i think its bottom fishing, inside grand harbour.... using any 2 hook rig.... from the info i gathered so far

grauvell

robby017

quick question.... is jigging/inchiku allowed..... as you only use 1 hook on these rigs.