• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Lampuki Season 2011

Started by nemxu, August 17, 2011, 15:30:14 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

nemxu

Lampuki season is upon us once again! Since I only started fishing last year, haven't had the experience to feel the pull of a lampuka! Hopefully this year I will have plenty :D

When do you guys start going for lampuki? Any favourite places you like to go? Whats your biggest catch of a lampuka?

Discuss.

albatros

Bdew issemmu xi wahda jew ?

Hafna cimi kienu ghadhom bla palm, nhar santa marija naha tisfel.

bigboy

nemxu

Did you go out this year? There are alot of cimi in b'bugia with palms already there. I've located 40 plus, however some have been there longer as some of the palms aren't green :P

robby017

been out 2 times......... 5 strikes, 1 hookup.....
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

ciappinu

Went out yesterday and managed to catch 2, but lost another 7 as I was equipped for the small ones.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

nemxu

So the lampuki are definetly in malta :D Do you use the squid looking lure?

Where did you go?

The_Gaffer

Was out yesterday, caught 31 decent sized puki, lost a good number too. I use the red plastic squid lures on double hooks.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

TaKinu

I was out early morning till 10am on wednesday. South west of Filfla. So many cimi but not even a strike.
Disappointed!

fisheye

Takinu I was that same area on Monday and Tuesday mornings got few very small "tunnagg" which I released since they are illegal to keep  but no sine of "lampuki" unfortunately Tuesday's trip had to be cut short after my wife got a treble hook stuck into her foot. Luckily had on board a well equipped first aid box and a good side cutter.    
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

nemxu

The cimi near filfla were only put out last monday

The Gaffer where did you go when you caught the lampuki?? Nice catch by the way

The_Gaffer

Hurds bank area. Trolled around the anchored ships and some FADs in the vicinity. Try to notice the direction the fish swim when they come attacking the lure, draw an imaginary circle around that area, and troll in a clockwise direction. You will notice that you always get hit in the same segment of that area. Don't know why, but that's bow it is!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

cityfish

Can you please help me setting up my lures. I need to know the lenght in between each lure and the lenght of each line(fergha). Thanks.

kevingrech

aw xi had jaf il coordints tal lampuki ta hdejn b'buga tad deletanti pls

benri

jekk inti membru ituhomlok kavingrech. Jekk m'intix m'ghandek l-ebda dritt tistghad fuqhom u issaqsi dal-mistoqsijiet!
I'd rather be fishing.....