• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Ordering spear guns

Started by Fisher123, September 08, 2011, 14:49:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisher123

hello I recently ordered a new spear gun from the states and and my brother came into to town today from Australia with his spear gun which is now with customs. my spear gun is supposed to arrive with in 2 days or so and i am wondering will be it the same issue, also could any 1 give me the address of where i can apply for the permit to keep and carry my spear gun .? :)

skip

Normally if you buy a speargun locally the paperwork is filled in by the supplying dealer and then you go to your local police station along with your ID card to apply. I've been told it can take 4-6 weeks to process the permit to have the speargun.

You can call the Police GHQ tomorrow and ask for the Weapons Section, they should be able to guide you. it is my understanding that technically foreigners are not allowed to spearfish in Maltese waters

Fisher123

ooh ok well that sucks but what if i am jst passing thought for a while and not really planning on spear fishing see i ordered my spear gun in preparation for a trip down to Africa and it so happens i am living in Malta.

skip

Like I said, I would call the Police Weapons Section

http://www.mjha.gov.mt/page.aspx?pageid=155

C.M.R.U. - Malta Police Force,
Police General Headquarters,
Floriana, CMR 02
Malta

Tel: (+356) 2294 2667, (+356) 2294 2668
Fax: (+356) 2124 2223
Email: cmru.police@gov.mt