• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

deep drop fishing

Started by makku, September 12, 2011, 09:00:42 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

makku

biex tistad ghad deep drop taghmel diferenza jekk hux matul il jum jew bil lejl?

robby017

ma nahsibx ax xorta dlam ikun hemm, hemm isfel
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

shanook

jigifieri taf tmur filghodu u il hut ikun rieqed ghax ma jkunx jaf, ghax dejjem fid dlam........

robby017

f dak il kaz, nizel xlief iehor b hafna dawl iteptep, alarm clock u tabbella sabiha b'dan il kliem ' Buffet Breakfast now open' 

shanook

and if they cant read english dont forget they are in maltese waters, but i will do as u say after all u are the master........:)PPPPPPP

robby017

trust me....... 99.9% of maltese know buffet=food.... even if they don't speak English

Chris1982

Hi guys this is my first post in this forum.  I'm interested in starting to practice the deep fishing but i need some tips. 
Regarding the reel, i'm going to buy the epoch X5.  Can you please tell me how to set up the rig and what type of braid i need to spool the reel?

Another question is regarding my boat.  I have a 15ft shetland powered by a 40hp outboard.  Do you think i will be able to that far for this type of fishing?

Regards

Chris

shanook

@ Chris...you cannot go out more than 12 miles thats your limit.  So I dont think anyone will advice you to go out further. Do you know of spots for deep drop. If they are in the Limit zone than a boat like yours with a 40 hp should not be a problem. Mind you always check the weather forecast..and keep a look out of small lonely clouds on land...not good sign... and any changes in the wind direction and force...when venturing out in a back wind..change direction of your travel ...that is if you are going out do a 180 degree turn into the wind this way u can measure the force of the wind.
Good luck