• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Identification of Fish caught in Maltese Waters

Started by DJS, December 04, 2007, 13:26:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

DJS

Hi Nick

I've noticed that recently many of us have been posting photographs of different fish caught in Maltese waters inshore and offshore and we now have quite a collection of different species of fish.  Just a suggestion, but would it be useful for the site to have a section entitled "Fish caught in Maltese waters" with photographs accompanied with the Maltese / English names?

There are many fish that I've heard of but never caught in Malta and still have no idea what they look like. It would also be useful for newcomers / visitors to the islands' who may not be able to identify fish like Tracna / Weaver fish which, if caught, can give a nasty sting.

Anyway.... just food for thought after having seen a fish wallchart of whilst eating out at a restaurant recently!

19 ft Galeon Galia with 140 hp Tohatsu

skip

Hi Dave I think it would nice page addition to the main site yes. Will have to keep that in mind to start working on it.

suffrun

Hi to all,
Came across this forum by chance and its a great idea!
I live in Qawra and enjoy both shore and boat fishing. I totally agree with DJS idea.
Anyway keep up the good work!

Arti2

That's why there is that topic I made. There are all fish together with their Maltese/English names together with their pics! DJS all you have to do is search the particular fish here :

http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php?topic=610.0

Some of them are not so common. So you may have never even heard about them, but their name exists in Maltese, so I had to put them too.
What has to be done is when members in the forum post their pictures they put their Maltese/English name with them for the benefit of others.
Maltese to English Names visit www.renotonna.yolasite.com