• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Equipment Review Competition

Started by skip, September 30, 2012, 13:35:29 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

There are now over 2,600 registered users on the forum of which we have our most active users who log on several times a week. I reckon these are the guys who like their hobby the most, whether it's fishing, boating or a combination of both.

It would be of great benefit to all those who browse the forum if we can start having members carry out equipment reviews on the equipment they own, from the purchase phase, to initial use, use after first season and even long term durability.

The idea is to have a min of 8 reviews per month for the competition to run on that month, and the top review will be picked winning a prize of the month. We will aim to offer a variety of prizes, but really the prize is just a bit of fun/recognition. If we manage to get 12 months worth of reviews we would then be looking towards our sponsors to perhaps help us come up with an overall Best Review for the year.

What do you think of the idea guys...and girls!?

skip

redhead

Good initiative Skip. I always try to read as much reviews as possible before buying. But to review a product one must be ready to use it, possibly to it's limits, and then speak his mind about the product. In Malta this tends to be difficult.

Let's say I will review my locally build boat. If I am very critical about my boat I would be damaging myself and the builder and making enemys. I damage myself cos I might be downgrading the resale value of my asset.

The same principal applies to all localy imported items like reels, lures, etc.............

Let me give you a link to a good reviewer;

www.alanhawk.com

Jig Harder --->

skip

I can understand your comments about say something like a locally built boat....but when it comes to lures, reels, line etc why would that principle apply to locally imported items.

Just because a brand makes a particular lure, doesn't mean every lure they make is good, nor suitable for local fishing hence something like a review is useful.

The review doesn't have to critise the item, just highlight what you found about it.

OKUMA-1976

about the review i agree and as an agent one should not be annoyed with pros & cons from the end user. only this way products can improve

i am also ready to offer some prizes will discuss with nick.

benri

Very good idea Nick while I also appreciate Redhead's concern. I'll try to give some input with my limited knowledge and maybe the prizes will tempt more members to follow!
I'd rather be fishing.....