• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

2013 Bluefin Tuna Permit (Proposed)

Started by skip, March 30, 2013, 19:38:30 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

Please be informed that the applications for recreational fishermen to apply for a permit to catch and land bluefin Tuna will open on Monday 8 April and close on Friday 26 April.  Applications may be obtained from the Fisheries Directorate at Ghammieri between 8am and 12.00pm daily from Monday to Friday.  Please ensure you apply before the closing date as stated above.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Moonwalker

Can you please specify what documents we need to take to apply for the permit? And are there any fees?
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

bmamo

Should be MFC or can an S boat register?
Il-Kaptaaaan bil-piiiipa f'halquuuu

The_Gaffer

Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

Went there today.
You don't need anything at least I was not asked for anything. I took fishing booklet, the valletta reg and I'd card.
All I did was fill in an application form and handed it to the messenger. Was not given an acknowledgement....not good.
By the way I was told by same that one can register online so those who have not been check that out and maybe you save yourselves a drive and a zoo walk...

toxictuna

Quote from: ganni on April 07, 2013, 14:28:53 CET
@ toxictuna from where did you get the 17ft limit? of course, cause your boat is over 17ft ;) that's exactly how things are done at the fisheries.  So because my boat is just 14ft I'm out of this if it was up to you to decide, awesome.

Sorry mate, ( oops thank god i wrote a disclaimer stating i am no expert)i never imagined any one with a fourteen footer goes for bft....but now that i think about it i did see some one trying to last yr. well than say larger than 10 ft?  The same logic applies.

toxictuna

Quote from: The_Gaffer on April 07, 2013, 06:47:57 CET
Give me one, just one good reason why the authorities should provide a higher  BFT quota when last year, of all the BFT permits issued, only one, yes one BFT catch was registered.  So, with one BFT caught last year weighing 47.2kgs,  and registered, 500kgs should be enough..

because i did not manage to apply like many others who did not know the applications where open! So i did not catch any last year

shanook

Got a call this morning as I didnt put down the district..........which as I was told is from where I am going out to fish. So I said I either launch in Bugibba or Bbugia. Does it make sense if you trailer your boat then you can launch from wherever you like. I dont know there has to be a change in mentality otherwise we will never make progess.  To report a fish I have to go to Marfa she said, so from Bugibba I have go to Marfa.

benri

Look at the bright side Tony!!! - It's an acknowledgement that they received your application :D :D :D
I'd rather be fishing.....

bmamo

Quote from: shanook on April 08, 2013, 16:46:46 CET
Went there today.
You don't need anything at least I was not asked for anything. I took fishing booklet, the valletta reg and I'd card.
All I did was fill in an application form and handed it to the messenger. Was not given an acknowledgement....not good.
By the way I was told by same that one can register online so those who have not been check that out and maybe you save yourselves a drive and a zoo walk...

Unfortunately i couldn't find anything online. If someone else succeeds please paste the link here. Thanks
Il-Kaptaaaan bil-piiiipa f'halquuuu

shanook

Yep ur right bry, I need young ones like u to keep me from getting grumpy....it's old age u know.....

skip

As this stage, take it as a registration of intent. The finer details still need to be ironed out as many things don't make sense.

If you are a trailered boat, I would put down "Trailer" as district.

shanook

well actually when she asked for the district I said the 11th district ..........thats Attard right......

busumark

I also got a call from the fisheries this morning about the district. I told her that i trailer the boat so i told her that i dont go from the same place but she kept insisting that i have to tell her a place. than after a while she told that she will leave it empty but i told her to wright i trailer the boat. she said ok but i dont know waht she did

toxictuna

Quote from: benri on April 09, 2013, 08:04:15 CET
Look at the bright side Tony!!! - It's an acknowledgement that they received your application :D :D :D
i took a photo of the application and emailed it just to have some assurance they have it. Suggest to all to do so. Email is at the bottom of application