• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

fuel sender

Started by busumark, May 03, 2013, 17:53:10 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

busumark

Hawn fuel senders  li fil bahar ituk r reading kwazi ezatt u ma joqodux jilabu hafna.

Wahalna tnejn al magni inboard u sippost tal-hanut qalilna li l-ahjar sender units li hawn imma xorta jilabu hafna u qatt ma tista tkun taf kemm ghandek fuel. Dawn jahdmu bi float b toqba fin nofs u titla u tinzel go rod dritta. Ghamilnilhom ukoll pipe tal aluminium imtaqqab mad dawra tal float twila daws r rod biex forsi d diesel ta gol pipe ma jicaqlaqx hafna imma xorta ghal xejn.

T tankijit huma kbar 38 inches x 22 inches x 8 inches u ghandhom partition wiehed. tahsbu li ghandu ikollu izjed partition t tank

skip

What material is the fuel tank made out of? Excessive fuel sloshing could indicate that the tank needs additional baffle plates.

Is it approx. a 90L Tank? I plugged those numbers in and got this:

No. of baffles   3
Baffle Spacing   236mm
Pin                 Yes
Pin Length   985mm
Vertical Rib Spacing   180mm

http://www.tek-tanks.com/website/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Tank-Volumes.xls

This guys seem to offer a very good range of senders and might be able to guide you better
http://www.tek-group.co.uk/acatalog/Senders_and_Gauges.html

Shaft type senders tend to be the most accurate but the ultrasonic senders are very expensive.

busumark

they are made from aluminum and take about 130L each. what are vertical and top ribs and pin lenght

skip

No idea, not familar with the technicalities of tank construction but you could always give Tek Tanks a call

Granitu

Quote from: busumark on May 03, 2013, 17:53:10 CET
Hawn fuel senders  li fil bahar ituk r reading kwazi ezatt u ma joqodux jilabu hafna.

Wahalna tnejn al magni inboard u sippost tal-hanut qalilna li l-ahjar sender units li hawn imma xorta jilabu hafna u qatt ma tista tkun taf kemm ghandek fuel. Dawn jahdmu bi float b toqba fin nofs u titla u tinzel go rod dritta. Ghamilnilhom ukoll pipe tal aluminium imtaqqab mad dawra tal float twila daws r rod biex forsi d diesel ta gol pipe ma jicaqlaqx hafna imma xorta ghal xejn.

T tankijit huma kbar 38 inches x 22 inches x 8 inches u ghandhom partition wiehed. tahsbu li ghandu ikollu izjed partition t tank

Buzu by partitioning the tank you mean by actually creating vertical partitions that eliminate or reduce the rolling movement at sea for diesel?

I had some inaccurate readings especially when the sea is rough and decided to remove the fuel sender for this reason. My diesel tank has no partitioning but I believe with vertical partitioning i could greatly enhance the readings.
Good season so far.....

busumark

We will try one of the senders that skip sent in the link above but we are still waiting for the  electrition to tell us which one is good for us since we do not know anything about senders and we are also considering doing more partitions to the tank

Moonwalker

I have 2 large tanks and don't have any issues with fuel level. I am not sure which fuel sender is installed though (I can check if you want - or call PeteCraft directly).
However I am using the engine CPU to get the reading and noticed that there is a long delay (about 3mins) when filling the tanks to show on the display. So this may be intentional to compensate for the boat rolling etc.
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI