• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Trolling or Bottom Fishing: What's to target at the moment?

Started by AlSnorro, June 03, 2013, 22:02:41 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

AlSnorro

What do you guys target at the moment? Any Alungis yet? What are the best spots and which bait do you recommend?

We want to try our luck tomorrow but don't really know where and how we should try it.

Thank you very much!

The_Gaffer

Alongi, west coast, just beyond filfla.  Get on the second ridge, and troll there. 
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

AlSnorro

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

Anyone interested in joining tomorrow afternoon-evening? We're starting in St. Julian's though. Anything close to here that makes sense?

What do you mean with second ridge? A reef edge?

Thank you!

shanook

I would rather go bottom fishing at the moment, alungi are too far out at the moment. If you feel like going about 30/45 miles out then you will get Alungi.

AlSnorro

That's a bummer. I read so much about the alungi now and wanted to try today in the north west. :)

Can you give me some tips for bottom fishing at the moment? What bait and which spots? How far out and which depth?

Anyone here who we could book to come with us today or during the next days to show us some serious fishing? We have a 19 feet (5.8m) RIB with a 115 HP Mercury outboard.

Thanks so much!

shanook

Where u from Al. For a spot of bottom fishing and jigging go to hurds bank about 12 miles off marsascala. You can try Saturday for Alungi as there will be other boats and that's an attractant. The more surface activity the better

caldaland

dont go out with one engine mate..............if that fails,youre in trouble!

AlSnorro

Okay, I guess we will try Saturday in the North West. Somewhere around Popeye Village. ;)
Is that a good spot for Alongi? How far out approximately. Anyone else coming?

shanook

AlSnorro

Is there any experienced trolling expert who could show us something on Saturday or Sunday? We've had too much unsuccessful fishing... ^^

We would like to go on a fishing trip in the north or east of Malta. We are 4 Germans between 26 and 27.

malvizzu

Isa oqoghdu aghtuhom l-informazzjoni lil dawn in-nies halli mbaghad joqoghdu jippersegwitawna bhalma qed jaghmlu lill-kaccaturi!!!!!
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

ganni

hekk hu Malvizzu... ghax kultant sar ifaqqas xi kumment fuq it timesofmalta.com
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

AlSnorro

Don't worry malvizzu, we're just some harmless hobby fishers and never catch anything. ;)

I read a lot about the Alungi trolling now and the only thing I'm still wondering about is which time of the day is the best.

shanook

Go early morning, but they bite anytime of the day...but as usual with any predator it's either sunrise or sunset

malvizzu

Quote from: AlSnorro on June 07, 2013, 15:28:36 CET
Don't worry malvizzu, we're just some harmless hobby fishers and never catch anything. ;)

I read a lot about the Alungi trolling now and the only thing I'm still wondering about is which time of the day is the best.

No further comments from me – once bitten twice shy!!!
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP