• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Trolling in BBugia/MXlokk Area

Started by davfar, July 26, 2013, 13:08:19 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

malvizzu

Quote from: FREEDIVE on July 29, 2013, 13:48:34 CET
That`s Fishing! every time you go you learn something and ever time you realise how little you know.

Amen!!! and agree 100%. I thought I knew some stuff about fishing but nowadays I realize I don't understand a damn thing about fishing, and my catches (or zero of them) prove it all  :-\ When I hear you guys talking some technical stuff I realize I am way way back  :(
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

shanook

Yes it's true one learns a lot by trial and error. BUT. A start up is always a great help. We all know that if one is started in the right track it doesn't mean that he has all the information and would still have to experiment. To tell a person that he has to have a good set up, with fine line and good knots, is helping out but is not telling much....to tell a person to use .18 line and use a uniknot is a bit better.....that person still needs to research the lines available and learn how to tie a knot......
We were all novices, I still am, but what I know I tell others as the little I know I learnt from others.

lazyfisherman

I think that to learn more and catch more you have to fish more.

Personal experience has shown me that when you are able to go fishing regularly you gain experience, have more time and inclination to experiment and start catching more. In fact the only periods when I made decent catches (by my very modest standards I must admit)  were when I was able to go very often.

On the other hand going out once in a while tends to much less productive - even if you have experience with a particular style of fishing, you seem to forget things, become clumsy and lose touch. This is apart from the fact that going once in a while reduces your chances of being there on the few occasions when the bite is hot.

If you can only go fishing say once a week on Saturdays in summer (and this when the weather permits) I think that it becomes difficult and slow to gain the experience and knowledge needed to catch more and better fish. Just my personal opinion.... 

placebo

lovely place to fish ... all year round is a great place for light trolling .... use light gear and white flies and feathers.

Predapro is also a good choice in vicinity of the freeport terminals and just outside ... enjoy :)
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

albatros

Caught a nice baracuda early around 4.30am just out of breakwater, on a strikepro lure.
Had no weights.
With kahli I had no luck.

a Big prosit placebo for your experience o fishon.  Very interesting indeed and thanks for sharing.

Also thanks for FISHON, KEEP IT UP  It really shows reality of fishing, hiding nothing to the contrary of other programmes.

Granitu

Quote from: albatros on August 04, 2013, 20:15:51 CET
Caught a nice baracuda early around 4.30am just out of breakwater, on a strikepro lure.
Had no weights.
With kahli I had no luck.

a Big prosit placebo for your experience o fishon.  Very interesting indeed and thanks for sharing.

Also thanks for FISHON, KEEP IT UP  It really shows reality of fishing, hiding nothing to the contrary of other programmes.

In our area I feel for saddled bream you need the right kind of weather for it to bite well. And I am not finding strike pro lures that effective in our area for saddled bream anymore. - this is my thought guys

There are cudas around at the moment but I cannot catch bigger than 30cm - I release them for another day or live bait troll with them (they practically swim like garfish and have better endurance)
Good season so far.....