• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Trolling in BBugia/MXlokk Area

Started by davfar, July 26, 2013, 13:08:19 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

davfar

Hi All,

Has anyone tried trolling in Bbugia/Mxlokk port? Any success?

I am quite new to trolling, and they suggest that the best is PredaPro?

Any suggestions if this is good for such an area?

Has anyone used PredaPro there?

Thanks  :)

Granitu

Good season so far.....

davfar

what is not good? the lure? trolling in that port? or both?  lol :p

Kevin G

when u troll with predra pro dont forget to hook a fish to it as u will for sure catch nothing XD. yesterday (friday) was on boat working near the rig and saw a constant amount of small sawrell passing by......
The Sea Sweeper :D

davfar

Thanks Kevin G. Well I am new to trolling...but not that much.... not to know that hehe. Thanks!!

Granitu

Quote from: davfar on July 27, 2013, 12:32:24 CET
Thanks Kevin G. Well I am new to trolling...but not that much.... not to know that hehe. Thanks!!

u will have fun with predapro bbugia port. freeport area hosts large cudas and seabass
Good season so far.....

albatros

Nixtieq nistaqsi Vopi tkun ghadha kemm nqabdet bi nassi tajba bhall lixka ghall predapro.

Jew lacci biss

Granitu

Quote from: albatros on July 28, 2013, 11:48:55 CET
Nixtieq nistaqsi Vopi tkun ghadha kemm nqabdet bi nassi tajba bhall lixka ghall predapro.

Jew lacci biss

Prova u tkun taf!
Good season so far.....

davfar

Quote from: Granitu on July 27, 2013, 17:37:17 CET
Quote from: davfar on July 27, 2013, 12:32:24 CET

u will have fun with predapro bbugia port. freeport area hosts large cudas and seabass

Thanks Granitu!!! Will give it a try!! :)

The_Gaffer

Quote from: Granitu on July 28, 2013, 18:29:06 CET

Jew lacci biss

Prova u tkun taf!

Granitu - We all ask questions in the beginning....let me take you back in time and remind you some of your questions:

http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php?action=profile;u=22;sa=showPosts;start=1140
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Granitu

Quote from: The_Gaffer on July 29, 2013, 07:13:02 CET
Quote from: Granitu on July 28, 2013, 18:29:06 CET

Jew lacci biss

Prova u tkun taf!

Granitu - We all ask questions in the beginning....let me take you back in time and remind you some of your questions:

http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php?action=profile;u=22;sa=showPosts;start=1140

Its ok to ask questions gaffer... but ultimately you have to try! What works for me may not work for you. If you do not try to discover gaffer, you end up nowhere! Learn the basics and apply them. Little by little start to try and find your way of doing stuff.

When trolling, even the type of boat you have can affect the way you rig for trolling. 

There are loads of bait to use on predapro's - mullet, saddled breams, sardines, bouges (if big enough only).

Besides, if one is fishing bouges as bait, I would bait it with the teleferica system. Much more effective and at times better than predapro, especially if you have ground baited the place for bouges. If there are predators in the area.. at some point in time you will see the bait scared off. Bait commotion attracts predators.

That is part of fishing. Gaffer i feel ur being incorrect on this part I help out people but spoon feeding does not help - no one.

When in doubt or want to learn, I definately ask gaffer but i keep my options open and try to discover the best way of fishing. Little by little.

Gaffer helping people is a good thing spoon feeding them is wrong. You help them discover the basics and let them find their own detail. Then they can share their knowledge and get to know how stuff is done.
Good season so far.....

The_Gaffer

Granitu - no need to get emotional.  I pointed out a fact, your 1st 10 pages of posts on the forum are all questions.  People ask questions.  You may choose to answer them, or not.  However, being cynical will not help people.  Just be sensitive to others here.

Oh, and another thing Granitu - The Teleferica system does not work on trolling boats.  Its the transfer of live bait from shore to sea, without stressing the bait in the process :P
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Granitu

Quote from: The_Gaffer on July 29, 2013, 08:57:29 CET
Granitu - no need to get emotional.  I pointed out a fact, your 1st 10 pages of posts on the forum are all questions.  People ask questions.  You may choose to answer them, or not.  However, being cynical will not help people.  Just be sensitive to others here.

Point noted although it was not meant to be cynical. Trying and making mistakes is part of fishing. Discoveries are often made out of mistakes
Good season so far.....

The_Gaffer

Quote from: Granitu on July 29, 2013, 09:08:47 CET
Granitu - no need to get emotional.  I pointed out a fact, your 1st 10 pages of posts on the forum are all questions.  People ask questions.  You may choose to answer them, or not.  However, being cynical will not help people.  Just be sensitive to others here.

Point noted although it was not meant to be cynical. Trying and making mistakes is part of fishing. Discoveries are often made out of mistakes

Glad you see it that way.  We all make mistakes, don't we!
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Granitu

Quote from: The_Gaffer on July 29, 2013, 09:25:32 CET
Quote from: Granitu on July 29, 2013, 09:08:47 CET

Glad you see it that way.  We all make mistakes, don't we!

Definately, i do them every day!
Good season so far.....