• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

T-Top for new boat

Started by The_Gaffer, October 06, 2013, 13:22:21 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

I'm searching the market for someone who fabricates (cuts, bends and welds) aluminium piping.  I want to build a custom made T-Top for my new fishing boat.  Any ideas welcome please.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

malvizzu

Don't know about aluminium but Petecraft have the facility at their factory on stainless steel (cutting, bending and welding).
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

busumark

cempel l dan qied l Fgura. Nahseb li hemm ghadu ax ili ftit li mort ghandu. George 21661557

shanook

The rigs a brand that does them in pieces and then you assemble. They are very robust. Google a bit if I find the URL I will let u know

The_Gaffer

@shanook: yes please, would really appreciate. 
@malvizzu: yes i know about petecraft, mario and myself discussed this, as i am ordering the 16 footer petecraft.  However, i would prefer the aluminium ones, as i'm trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. 
@buzumark: thanks tan-numru, ghada ntieh cempilha
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

skip

Fishmaster make some nice folding T-Tops and have various distributors http://www.fishmaster.com/InternationalDealers.htm

Not sure if it's Aluminium or Stainless

kris

Hi Joe try Medway marine at Kordin on 21 667 600 or 99461515 and ask for Freddie. I did my stainless steel railings there and I can say that they did an amazing job! Maybe they do aluminium works too.
15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins

bigboy

The_Gaffer

_\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

The_Gaffer

I have not as yet found anyone who welds aluminium pipes.  I called the guy in Fgura suggested by Buzumark, but the only cut and bend, they do not weld.  One last attempt is Medway, they do fabricate, but do not weld.  However, a garage above theirs is said to be welding aluminium.  So bext if i give the guys at Medway a visit and check things out
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

baghira

Ir-Remig silencer repair at rabat 99445808 does weld and bend aluminium pipes.

Steve a member of this forum does as well 99895312.

I also know of another guy in mtahleb that does welding on aluminium since that a friend of mine Bertu whom modifies Landrovers, often calls him to weld these modifications.
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The_Gaffer

Thanks Baghira.  Will follow up with all of them
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

skip

Joe, give Stainless Steve @ Country Garage a call. I believe he might do Aluminium welding 99462626

benri

Good luck with your new boat Joe! Please keep us posted with the T Top as I'm very interested in having one made too.
I'd rather be fishing.....