• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

More Net Fishing

Started by Granitu, March 15, 2008, 16:57:06 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Granitu

I have to note something really important... today i went to zonqor poiny wied il ghajn doing some apnea exercises( i wasn't spearfishing) in 15 metres to 10 metres... a sport fishing licensed boat just came by and dropped the parit just 2 metres away from me even if i had the signal.... and i was only 10-15 metres away from shore.
when i told him why is he dropping the nets... he told me "ersaq minn nofs" in a more vulgar manner. i know where he berths the boat and the registration number(it is a sport license and with a 6hp yamaha)
apparently there where even more dropping the nets, even with an mfc license not too far from shore........
the parit was infact very long probabli he had more than one..very pissed i went back home as i couldn't endure it
Good season so far.....

skip

If he's in violation of the local laws, I suggest you report his registration number to the MMA and MRAE asap. If they want to clamp down on this illegal net fishing it's time to take action.

Granitu

give me the numbers i will die if i don't report this f88888
Good season so far.....

skip

Ports Directorate
Maritime Trade Centre
Xatt l-Ghassara ta' l-Gheneb
Marsa HMR 12
Tel: +356 21222203 Fax: +356 21222208
Email: info@mma.gov.mt

Ministry for Rural Affairs and the Environment,
Barriera Wharf,
Valletta CMR 02.
Malta

Tel:  +356 2295 2000
Fax:  +356 2295 2212
E-mail:  info.mrae@gov.mt

Granitu

Good season so far.....

Granitu

i reported the relevant guide today to the local authorites, today i was diving in the sameplace there was a patrol boat at wied il ghajn point checking everyone in the sea for licenses and excessive speed, better late than never
Good season so far.....

skip

At least it's a positive sign to show action was taken. If everyone keeps their eyes open and reports irregularities it's a big step forward