• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Antifouling

Started by shevino, April 08, 2015, 18:55:16 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

tajrin

I think Hempel can be found from local ironmongers...what about CMP & International...who sells them?

Granitu

Caruana marine sells cmp for sure
Good season so far.....

shevino

Caruana Marine the International paints has not CMP ... at least it is not listed on their website.

Granitu

Quote from: shevino on April 16, 2015, 11:42:44 CET
Caruana Marine the International paints has not CMP ... at least it is not listed on their website.

I had bought CMP from him
Good season so far.....

Malcolm X

Bought Hempel from the factory Corradino Industrial Estate
2011 Marinello 17fisherman selva 80hp efi

benri

is it the foreign hempel or the local hempel that is being recommended?
I'd rather be fishing.....

redhead

We buy it from the local factory but it is intended for the international market.
Jig Harder --->

malvizzu

This is the 6th year that i have my boat. Each year I lightly sand off the anti-fouling and re-apply again before getting the boat onto mooring for the summer season. With all these repetitive coatings, is it wise to sand off completely the anti-fouling and epoxy down to the gel coat and re-apply all from scratch?
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

The_Gaffer

No need to Malvizzu.  As long as you sand down the previous coat, just renapply the antifouling.  I would not recommend sanding down the antifouling and epoxy, unless you really need to re apply the epoxy (i am thinking that this is a water barrier coating applied by petecraft).  Alternatively, have a word with mario about the duration of the epoxy barrier, he would be able to guide you better.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

malvizzu

Thanks Joe. Will pop at Petecraft's and have a word.
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

floody

Gentlemen, anyone in malta who does coppercoat antifouling please?

thanks
chris
to CATCH is nice...but to RELEASE is nicer !

skip

Chris, coppercoat was more targeted at slower moving boats and sailing boats. What is your max speed and cruise speed?

floody

since i keep my boat year round in msida and have no trailer i think coppercoat would be ideal... cruise at 22knts...

Quote from: skip on September 30, 2015, 10:50:38 CET
Chris, coppercoat was more targeted at slower moving boats and sailing boats. What is your max speed and cruise speed?
to CATCH is nice...but to RELEASE is nicer !