• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Charging Battery from outboard

Started by markmalta, April 20, 2015, 18:05:52 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

markmalta

Dear Forum members,

I need your expertise! I am mechanically inclined, but when it comes to electronics, my intelligence is that of an ant..

I have a Selva Ray 8hp, four stroke. This Model http://www.selvamarine-scandinavia.com/product.php?line=mot_4t&prod=ray-8

Now, I would like to charge my battery from the outboard. I am planning to have a pair of navigation lights, 1 inboard light and maybe one small light for the ladder area (Mind you, it's just a small 12.5 fiber frejgatina, and normally only the nav lights will be on, that is, when cruising at night)

Now according to the site info, it has an alternator and also a regulator, which comes standard with the motor. What than? I have noticed two wires 1 x red and 1 x green coming out, should I just connect these straight to a marine battery? All help would be highly appreciated! Thanks beforehand!

Ps: What marine battery (small) would you suggest?

Thanks!

Mark Borg
"Lady Ana" Buccaneer 120 powered by 4 stroke 8hp Selva

markmalta

baghira

Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The_Gaffer

Why don't you ask the local agent.  They are HiTech marine in Zabbar.  Tel: 21692908 mob: 99833019
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

rodfar

check the supply on the wires coming out of the rectifier. they should give about 12 to 14V dc

markmalta

thanks guys, will give Hitech marine a call :)