• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Temp. Disabled Windfinder

Started by skip, March 31, 2008, 11:07:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

Hi,

I've temp. disabled windfinder as for some reason it wasn't connecting for all people and preventing the forum from loading. I noticed this as I couldnt get into the forum. Some ppl could but until I find out why the windfinder site won't load it has been disabled to allow access to the forum.

If you were one of the people who couldn't load the forum over the past two days, please could you post below and indicate your ISP along with type of connection, eg. ADSL, dialup etc.

Thanks,
Skip

bigboy

I couldnt get in the forum yesterday skip :S my ISP is GO and i use ADSL.

skip

Thanks for the info bigboy. I too am GO ADSL so it could be something from their side

benri

Hi Skip. I didn't manage to get in yesterday too - GO ADSL
I'd rather be fishing.....

skip

Hi Benri, thanks for the info. It seems that GO (Maltanet) has some connectivity issues with the Windfinder server in Germany. I disabled the windfinder applet from the forum at around 1pm yesterday, but then noticed that by around 3pm the windfinder site was accessible again.

I've contacted Windfinder to see if they were aware of any issues from their end, and I'll leave it a couple of days before re-enabling it just to be save.

In the meantime I am also trying to see if there is some kind of workaround to allow the forum to load even if Windfinder is down as it's not very good if it prevents the forum loading whenever Windfinder can't be reached.

Will keep you updated, thanks for the info.

Skip

shanook

onvol adsl i was down as well couldnt connect

skip

Interesting as SimonG who is also with Onvol was able to get in no problem. I thought perhaps the issue was isloated to GO ADSL but it seems that's not the case. Am trying to find some script/code to add so that if windfinder.com is not available it doesn't prevent the forum from loading.

Thanks for your input Tony

EmicMalta

i was on go and even with nextgen cos was in another pc. On both I had problems. The issue i think was from windfinder server due that maybe of some server re direction. In fact i don t know if the issue is the same but as for my work< I have contacts with Korea and Taiwan. They could not accese to european servers

skip

Thanks for the info Emic, interesting. I emailed windfinder to ask if they were aware of any issues they had but so far no reply!