• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Tuna Permit 2016

Started by rednaell, March 21, 2016, 08:14:21 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

rednaell

Will there be any recreational tuna permits released this year ?
Marinello Eden 18 Evolution - 125hp Mercury Classic

benri

Call for applications has been issued today but I don't have the details since I'm not interested in applying. You might try and check on the federation's website.
I'd rather be fishing.....

Kevin G

fethu illum sa 8 Ta'April bhas-sena li ghaddiet MFC u S u thallas 20e
The Sea Sweeper :D

The_Gaffer

Details herein:

DEPARTMENT OF FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE

Applications for Recreational Fishing of Bluefin Tuna

The Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture informs that applications will be received from interested persons having a vessel registered for recreational fishing under national provisions and who are interested to participate in the recreational fishing of bluefin tuna during the relevant season, which is set from Thursday, 16th June, 2016 to Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Applications may be collected at the following addresses:

Ms Lucienne Cassar,
Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture,
Għammieri,
Triq l-Ingiered,
Marsa MRS 3303

or

Mr Mario Tabone,
Fisheries Office,
Triq Martino Garces,
Mġarr, Gozo

Applications together with the supporting documentation are to be submitted to the same addresses between Monday, 21st March to Friday, 8th April, 2016 from 8.00 a.m. to noon from Monday to Friday.

An administrative fee of €20 is to be paid by cheque only to the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture on submission of the application. Other modes of payment will not be accepted.

Late applications will not be considered.

Further information may be obtained from the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture on telephone 2292 6888 or by sending an email to (infofisheries.msdec@gov.mt).
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Granitu

L kwota li ha tkun allokata ghad dilettant kemm ha tkun?
Good season so far.....

Kevin G

toxictuna

I emailed to apply for the permit. They said i need a Fishing license (log book).  Is this something new? How do i get one?

The_Gaffer

Quote from: toxictuna on March 29, 2016, 04:24:36 CET
I emailed to apply for the permit. They said i need a Fishing license (log book).  Is this something new? How do i get one?

I just Fisheries now.  Its the vessel licence that you need, the one issued by Transport Malta, or in the case of MFC, the one issued by Fisheries.  So, to make it clear to everyone, if your vessel is Valletta or 'S' registered, you require the transport Malta registration licence.  If your vessel is MFC registered, you require the Fisheries MFC registration.
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

skip

Did any of those with 2016 permits get any information on how the quota was suddenly filled up within a couple of weeks? Up till mid-July nothing had been landed/delcared from the recreational quota. All of a sudden I hear that everyone was informed that the quota was used up and to return their permits.

My conclusion is that the commercial sector over-shot their quota and ended up using what had been allocated to the recreational sector. So each year lots of people are applying and paying their €20 only to then not be able to use them!

Kevin G

exactly as last year, quoata reached and cloased almost exactly the same day... the day after the closer of tuna permit, tuna fish farms will release several tuna from it... I can not imagine how they will know that the quota will be reached within two days...

rednaell

Will there be any recreational tuna permits released this year ?

The_Gaffer

Yes, Permits are out NOW.  you have till  the 7th April to apply.  Take a copy of your ID card, TM certificate, and cheque addressed to Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

rednaell

Quote from: The_Gaffer on March 29, 2017, 07:56:23 CET
Yes, Permits are out NOW.  you have till  the 7th April to apply.  Take a copy of your ID card, TM certificate, and cheque addressed to Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
Thanks, is there any application to fill in ?

skip

Quote from: The_Gaffer on March 29, 2017, 07:56:23 CET

Joe, was it a secret this year? I did a quick google search and nothing came up , even in the government press releases. Do you have the date when it was published in the Government Gazette?

I know there are some changes and I think the dept. is now called Malta Marittima. Didn't find anything on the Federation website either.

rednaell

definitely that it is being kept secret. It is becoming obvious