• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Fishing marks off the coast of bugibba

Started by Raymondo, July 29, 2016, 12:01:02 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondo

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help in catching some decent size fish, I'm here on holiday probably 4 times a year (the Mrs is Maltese) and dedicate most of my time here out on my little boat (13ft) this is my 4th year with it and I've learnt most techniques like trawling live bait and lures, bottom fishing, float fishing, over the wrecks, over contures, by the fish farms (got thrown out today and police on patrol). I'm using small fish I catch for live bait but I know sardines are the best for bottom trawling but can't seem to locate sardines at 6am (I also have a lowrance elite 5) do I need to be out earlier? I'm trying my little heart out at the moment but nothing decent. I see people put their catches up on various social media sites but obviously they don't disclose locations. Iv also been on a charter where we only caught one fish all morning 7-12pm! He took us around by b'bugia but was a good experience. All I wanna do is have a little sport for the day and take a nice size fish home for the Mrs to cook. Any help would be much appreciated or even better, I will take you fishing and you can show me what's what ;)