• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

In Remembrance of Tony 'Shanook'

Started by skip, February 23, 2019, 08:26:22 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

With great sadness Anthony Pace better known as Tony Shanook to his fishing buddies, has sadly passed away on the 20th February at Mater Dei hospital.

Tony joined the forum in August 2007 and it wasn't long before he passionately offered to help with forum moderation and joined the Senior Moderator Team. He will be remembered by all forum members who through Tony's generosity and creativity were lucky enough to get a Perspex Malta Fishing Forum Keychain that he produced in 2009 and that so many of us, myself included, still have and use today.

Tony loved fishing for Alungi and together with his Kaptan Sway would be found out on our waters fishing for these pelagic beauties that so many of us love to do during June and July. He had his own unique techniques that he honed over many years having been fishing for this species long before most of us, and with a strong passion for engineering he would enhance his boat and those of his close friends with clever inventions.

His close circle of fishing friends with whom he kindly shared his large garage to store their boats, would spend countless hours tinkering away on their boats, rigging up and socialsing over some drinks. Tony was a very kind and generous man and I know he touched the heart of many of our members, offering them advice and guidance. He will be missed but live on in our memories.

Please join me in saying a prayer for the repose of his soul, may he rest easy and pain free.

Tight lines, until we meet again.

https://www.rip.com.mt/obituary/anthony-pace-21-02-2019

albatros

malvizzu

Wow, I'm totally speechless. Haven't been on the forum for a long time. It's extremely sad knowing that Tony passed away. He was a great guy with loads of passion and knowledge for fishing. REST IN PEACE Tony. Thanks for all your advice and help. Tight lines in heaven!
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

camkev

O no very sad ,Tony was a very good man. R.I.P.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.