• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Get rid of Salt water in your Inboard and Outboard Engine !!!

Started by jezzb, April 29, 2008, 21:28:03 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

jezzb

Hi Guys, I found this new product to flush your Inboard or Outboard without even starting the engine. Sounds really great as you do not need to start the engine to flush. You save fuel and no wear and tear on the engine. The website is at:
www.superflushsystems.eu

Jezz
www.teakforboats.com
www.boatcaresupplies.com
www.maltaboating.com
www.maltaboatingforum.com

skip

These type of systems are good. I used a similar system bought from the US on twin 5.7L V8's and providing you have access to fresh water, it will make your manifolds and risers go along way. For outboards it's good for non saltwater outboards, although all engines will benefit from flushing, the saltwater outboards especially direct injection engines, don't really need this.

jezzb

Hello Skip,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it and am glad that you have used a similar system. This product is made in USA as well and comes with 2 yr warranty. After reading your comments I have decided to contact them and buy one. I will post back to let you know what happened.

Best regards
Jezz

www.teakforboats.com
www.boatcaresupplies.com
www.maltaboating.com

jezzb

Hello Skip,

I bought the Superflush Kit from Superflushmalta.com. They are the same guys as Superflushsystems.eu. The pump came with easy to follow installation manual, necessary pipes, t-pieces, gubilee clips and even the connector where you connect the hopse pipe coming from the pontoon. You can even connect this system to the boat water tank so you can use it even if you are moored on a buoy (Mazra).
The installation took around 45 minutes and did it myself. I am really pleased with the serviced offered by the guy selling Superflush - he is really helpful. And I must say that this pump really works. I will start saving petrol as I do not need to start the engine to flush and save wear and tear on the engine. He also told me that he is also the distributor for Stainless steel one piece manifolds for for Mercruiser, Volvo and may other engines.

Kind Regards
Jezzb
www.teakforboats.com
www.boatcaresupplies.com
www.maltaboating.com

blueskip

Popular cheap method from UK if you are on a mooring or in a marina, lift your engine to full tilt, slide a plastic dustbin over the gearbox & bring it up the engine as far as you can, secure it with a rope over the top of the engine cover, drop the engine back down as far as you can, fill the dustbin up with fresh water & run the engine. ;)
You may lose some water out of the drum by splashout, & it wont be as thorough as flushing with muffs or in a barrel, but if you are in a marina, or on a swing mooring, its better than leaving salt water in the water jacket. I have heard of people using the 1tonne sand container bags for the same pupose, but never witnessed it myself.
blueskip
Blueskip

Destination Sea

i
if not mistaken the tohatsu tldi 115hp model has an inbuilt connector to allow flushing,
The engine does not need running with this operation
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

camkev

Anyone knows of a good mechanic for volvo engines please?
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

robby017

Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

TOFTOF

The ear muff flushing devices are twenty year old technology and they have critical shortcomings. Marine engines utilize high volume water pumps, mostly with neoprene rubber impellers. Any interruption in the water flow while the engine is running will severely damage the impeller. With the ear muff device, you are simply not getting the volume of water into the water pump and in many instances it will cause the garden hose to collapse. Overheating is extremely detrimental to engine life and in severe instances may result in immediate damage. In fact, some marine engine repair manuals contain the following statement: DO NOT EXCEED 1500 RPM AS HOSE MAY COLLAPSE AND CAUSE ENGINE OVERHEATING At 1500 RPM the engine water pump can only create approximately five pounds of pressure in the cooling system. This is not nearly enough volume of water to flush the engine properly. It has little or no effect on the salt corrosion buildup inside the engine block.
Marino Gabry + 115hp Mercury Optimax

jezzb

Hi All,

We are now impoting and selling a liquid called NO SEL which dissolves Salt and leaves a protecting film inside the waterways of your engines. You mix this product with water. There is a similar product on the Maltese market selling around Euro23. Our product does the same thing and sells for Euro 14.66 - A saving of Euro 8.34. The product is made the Mattchem Marine - a company which has been around for quite a long time. You can puchase by phoning 79466868 or by visiting our website at www.boatcaresupplies.com

Thanks
Jezzb
www.teakforboats.com
www.boatcaresupplies.com
www.maltaboating.com