• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Mullet Fishing

Started by kris, May 23, 2008, 14:54:05 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

kris

Hi guys!

I am new here and first of all i would like to congratulate this forum as it contains a lot of useful information for amateurs like me :)

I was wondering if someone can give me some info on how to catch mullets, equipment needed, line and line diameter, bait, techniques, hooks, good places, etc. tnx a lot!
15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins

Granitu

hi cris, try to find the post some mullet, there are some tips on how to fish it.
Good season so far.....

kris

kris

hey guys i read ur greay tips for mullet fishing! =D can you tell me what line diameter i should use with the running float method. (i am using a rod + reel).

tnx!

Granitu

Bolognese right? note that the rod needs to be a bolognese rod or at least a trout rod else it will be difficult to set up. diameters, as you will be fishing with a reel can go down to .08 if you like but it is not simple, your reel must have an excellent drag system
Good season so far.....

kris

yes i bought my rod from misterfish. it is very strong despite having a very flexible tip. i bought it with the intention to fish for for mullet with the running float technique. i know how to use drag so thats not a problem. how much from the bottom should i be to fish in the best way? and should i have a single or double hook? and any best time to go fish for mullet?

tnx karma!
Excellent Forum! :)

kris

i meant tnx guys not tnx karma...(i am a bit slpy lol)

Granitu

there are no real depths for mullet, it hangs anywhere but essentially just above the bottom where sparli don't bite you will find mullets. patience ( a lot) is needed. the Bolognese rod is how many meters long?

normally it begins from 5 up to 8 meters but 5 is good in my opinion. From where (outlet) did you buy the rod? as they may help you. for the lines use falcon coated flourocarbon or smart slr. slr is better but the price is very high and pure flurocarbon.

You need to measure the bottom or at least get a point where the baiting up does not feed.
Good season so far.....

kris

i bought it from misterfish. its about 4 metres in lenght. very strong and flexible. it is of the olympus brand.

tnx for the fast reply!

Granitu

oh ok they are fair enough can do the job.
Good season so far.....

kris

ey granitu,

tnx 4 the info! much appreciated as i have tried to fish for mullet several times without any success. i think what i was doing wrong is that i was fishing with a line diameter of 0.25mm. i'll try to go down to 0.08mm. the main line on my reel is 0.25mm. would it make a difference pls?

tnx!!

fava

aw kris...

0.08 i think is very thin... i maybe suggest .14 or .16 in that range.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Albatross 390 powered by Suzuki 15Hp

kris

hey fava,

ma nafx man, jiena kif rajt fuq il-forum u kif qalli granitu kont ser nipprova. ma nafx kif l-ahjar. alekk qed insaqsi ux ;p

fava

jekk ma tipprovax, ma taqbadx...

never stop thinking never stop trying.
if you would be successful comment on the method you used, bait etc...etc etc

these are some other topics about mullet if you browse mff..

tight lines
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Albatross 390 powered by Suzuki 15Hp

kris

dazgur fava! jek ma nipruvax zgur mux ser naqbad ux hehe

jien forsi immur ada filodu nara naqbadx xi haga. filkass najdilkom kif mort ux.

tight lines to everyone!!