• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Best Place to Buy Electric Reels ?

Started by Holma Boat Storage, July 12, 2008, 13:58:05 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Holma Boat Storage

Nixtieq nixtri electric reel ghal bottom fishing. Minn fejn nista nixtri min fuq l-internet biex insib prezz tajjeb? Bhalissa ghandi Miya Epoch CX-4, nixtieq nixtri CX-6 jew CX-8.

Grazzi Leli

shanook

leli try ebay uk as you wont have to pay tax if they are from EU.

shanook

Have u used the miya c4 how did u find it, what catch did u get?

fishfinder

Hi, I bought 2 Miya epoch command Cx6 to a friend of mine from EBAY. I got 1 from Italy and 1 from kuala lumpur and both had costed approx LM300 each.

Personally I have 2 Kristal Fishing XL410 which are very strong but these must be mounted directly on the boat cause the motor is very big and the rod tip gets connected in the motor bracket.

Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

shanook

fishfinder u got ur kristals from Malta or ...................

fishfinder

No I bought them from Sicily. I've tried to buy from Malta but unfortunately the agent didn't want to reduce a penny and when i've asked for some modification such as A/R etc he said that that model does not have any options and so I got in contact with Kristal fishing and they said that I was right and all the options are avail and with the same price I got all extras from Sicilpesca.

If you need I can give you the details.

fishfinder

Currently there's only this model on EBAY

Miya Epoch Command X8S Standard X8 Electric Reel Item number: 150206660193 

price:  US $1,045.00  Buy It Now >

as far as I know MArk of Fishing Frenzie can get any model for you.

The_Gaffer

Aw Leli - Joe l-iscotch jien.
L-aqwa post huwa dan, min fejn xtarjt tieghi.
http://www.marunouchishop.com/index2.html

Din il-gimgha ninzel nittawallek naqa :D
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

thats where i got mine Joe..well actually we bought three from there.....

The_Gaffer

Tony, I have the same reel as you, the ME x4...its a good enough reel for me.  Tomorrow I was thinking of going out and do some bottom fishing with the reel.  Found a very small patch just off filfla in 375mtrs with bazzuk.  Last time I was there I caught 7 bazzuk in 3 hrs of fishing.  While I'm out there, will also try some trolling for lampuki.  Will be leaving port very early, say 5.30am, and head towards filfla area, do some trolling until I arrive at the deep sea fishing spot.  Will let you all know the outcome.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

that sounds good as i have tried a few places close to filfla which didnt render any fish. I have now moved to St pauls area but ramio's boat is still in B'bugia so will go with his boat. I have tried the St Pauls area with Busumark and again we didnt catch anything. I will try East gozo side and let u know when i eventually catch anything.
yes there are a lot of fads north of filfla...u know as when we were trolling for Alungi they were there already. Happy fishing.