• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

NEW RIG EVERY TIME??

Started by pupu, August 05, 2008, 07:56:42 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

pupu

just heard today that every time you go fishing you have to make new rig i.e line from swievel down and hooks except sinker. reason is catching far less fish due to blant point, bit rust, or odeur of previous caught fish.  anyone can confirm this or it just funny talk??
selva 12ft dinghy with selva 30hp

bigboy

Can confirm that. Whenever we go bottom fishing we always change the rig. Even the line if you had caught a couple of nice fish you are risking that then you loose the fish

pupu

ok bigboy thanks, anyone else can confirm or eglect cause it's quite time consuming to cange every time?
selva 12ft dinghy with selva 30hp

camkev

I always change the rig every time i go fishing.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

skip

I'm guessing this is for bottom fishing or live bait fishing right?

SPITEC

Same for me but only if I caught something that could have ruined the line like for example I caught a nice bream[xilpa] of 750grams on a pole and the line was all bitten by the fish and if I didn't change it I would have lost the other fish I caught afterwords because a 1kg mullet took the bait after it.If you don't catch any nice fish and you have a good line you don't need to change it in my opinion.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

suffrun

I totally agree with what spitec and camkev advised. Its better to play safe then be sorry!!

fishfinder

I do the same when ever we catch a fish on rods, electric reels and even on long lines we always change the hook and nylon to a new one.
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

busumark

if the line is still good you dont have to change it. you will catch other fish for sure

fishfinder

Mark,

I can guarantee you that with my luck If i leave the same line I will catch a very nice fish and will lose it before I can see it's colours.
u inti taf x'jigifieri. Hlief swat mhux jatina
>:( >:( >:(

imnalla nkunu naqa hbieb u naddu siegha buzz xorta. ;D ;D
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

ciappinu

Nowadays I spend a little more on high quality lines. However then I don't change them. I found Carbotex to be an excellent line, and berkley is also very good. Last year I caught over 100 Lampuki + 100 Tumbrell on the same lines.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

suffrun

that is impressive ciappinu. Do they come in small diameter say 0.30mm? I'm asking because am interested to try them out. By the way what diameter were you using for lampuki if you don't mind asking you?