• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Do you need a licence?

Started by blueskip, August 22, 2008, 19:47:09 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskip

To fish from the shore in Malta? according to other fora, there is a need for a licence in most of the countries around the Med, & the local police are issuing on the spot fines to holidaymakers, it appears that "I didn't know I needed a licence" isn't good enough! :o
If a licence is needed in Malta where would I get one from? I know you have to licence your boats, so a licence for shore fishing would not suprise me, & I dont want my "collar felt" by one of the local gendarmes! ???
blueskip   
Blueskip

SPITEC

No you don't need a license my friend.shhhh don't give ideas we already pay a lot of extra taxes.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

shanook

we better delete this thread as if some AH might read it and will wake up in the morning thinking he has come with a fantastic idea of licencing shore fishing.
Blueskip i dont mind licences but at least in the USA we used to pay but the authorities make sure that the lakes are replenished and keep in good stock. That is not just pay but get a service as well. Here we pay fishing boat licence as well as sportboat licence but we dont have enough safe harbours where to moor our boats. I will post a pic of what its like in Bugibba, this is a port (sic) run by the MMA.

blueskip

I'm glad I dont need a licence, because like you I wouldn't mind paying a licence fee if I got something for it, they were going to introduce a ?25 per yr licence over here, but when the Angling Federations had talks with the Minister & asked what we were going to get for it, he seemed suprised that we expected anything in return, & he quoted Spain, Portugal, who had licences.
He was asked if the money collected was going towards financing the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, or was it just another "stealth tax", he dropped the proposals.
Not nice to have a boat moored in that harbour! :o if I had a mooring there, I think I would trailer mine & launch every time, no shelter at all, who named it a "harbour"? >:(
blueskip
Blueskip

ramio

nice shots shanook, Forgot how it looks in winter.
Can't wait to go fishing