• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

New Members - Please Introduce Yourselves

Started by skip, August 28, 2008, 08:19:01 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

jklehnitz

Hi Gaffer!
Thank you for that very fast reply!
That sounds nice. Are there any restrictions for fishing? I practice catch and release. Have you heard about a flyfishing club on Malta?

The_Gaffer

There are no restrictions on rod/shore fishing that I am aware of.  You are very welcome to practice catch & release.  A number of responsible anglers here in Malta do practice that technique too.  I am also not aware of any flyfishing club in Malta.  there is an active spinning club, and all fishing clubs have a number of 'spinners'as members.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

jighunter

hi all , new to the forum , im mainly into artificial lure fishing (jigging,spinning,trolling) . will be getting into kayak fishing soon.

Ruzett

Welcome here jighunter and well done for the swordfish!

AG

Hello everyone

I am Ally and my family and I are moving to Malta from UK at the end of September. Completely newbie to fishing because its my son who is really keen on it so I am just tagging along because he is a bit young to go by himself.

Don't have any equipment with us, so will be asking for advice on what we need.

Best wishes, A

caldaland

yossarian

Hello,
My name is Robert Dunn from Scotland, Will be in Malta for three weeks over Christmas and new year and would like to do some rod and line fishing from the shore. At home I fish mainly from the west coast beaches and the sea lochs near my home in Argyll. I am retired and also play a little golf and paint (daub) a bit. Found the forum through a google search when it was decided to spend the holiday period in Malta. Hoping to get some help on the do's and don'ts of fishing on the island, so prepare for what might seem some obvious questions.
Robert

ganni

SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

caldaland

With a wee bit of luck,you may even find some haggis!

yossarian

Love haggis Caldaland. Especially fresh caught from the Argylll hills!

jacksny

I am a new in this forum, so first of all Hi to all. My name is Jack and only 25 years old, basically I from US, but from last two year, I was living in India. I love to travel and cook, little bit foody too. Always follow good restaurants to have delicious, hot and spicy food. Hope on this forum I will get more knowledge.

caldaland

jacksny

DuncanPisani

Hello,

My name is Duncan and although I have been a member of this forum for a long time I don't usually see it as much but now il be getting online much more.

I started fishing since I was a kid and now I own a boat and go out fishing during summer.
Mostly I like to fish for deep water fish especially sea bream although I love any type of fishing although I am only a beginner and know only a few things.
I moor my boat at birzebbugia
Thanks

caldaland