• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

float fishing in deep water

Started by tancred, October 17, 2008, 14:08:02 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

maltapepper

bombarda rig.. can please somebody explain? thx

robby017

its like a 'running ledger' system....... but........ instead of lead which goes down fast to the bottom...... a bombarda goes down slower ........ Spitec has Floating bombarda, 10% sinking and 30% sinking............
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

placebo

try this link .... diagram to explain.

keep in mind a bombarda rig has nothing to do with deep water fishing.

It can be used in shallow waters or not very deep waters because of currents.actually it's a slow sinker but very effective method for shy fish.

surely not a float fishing method for deep water ..... so this has nothing to do with the title of this thread

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1454962968437&set=t.25153755562
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

Carmelo

Yee ..... just went trough the topic ... and i agree with placebo on the fact that from a big depth the bombarda will never reach the bottom and the zabri,sawrelle and vopi were caught  in mid water ...
I use the bombarda  to catch imsell , cerviole and sawrelle  and strillie .... i don t leave the bombarda sink ..but i use it dinamically,  i just put the bombarda ,, a swivel no 18 .. 1.5 mt of .10 and a hook 22/24 ,,,, trhow and keep spinning on the really top surface keep the road high ....in italy with maggots and with this teknik but keeping the rod lower to make work the bombarda 1 meter under the surface i use to catch dozen big occhiate zabri but i try it in malta  and no results ....

robby017

Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

placebo

you'll catch occhiata in Malta with bombarda .... early hours or even night time my friend!

It will stop biting in daytime when fishing this method
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing