• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Imsell mill-art

Started by pajsan, September 17, 2008, 11:00:27 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

gozitano

nixtieq inkun naf kif tistad ghal imsell bil qasba tar ril.naf li trid taghmel harira fina u ballun u sunnara zghira.gieli xi hadd prova bil grass tal bacon?xhin titfa tefa u tohrog il barra,trid toqod tmexxija bil mod?jew thallija hemm.thanks.

placebo

i cast out as much as i can. reell in slowly and keep a sharp eye for any garfish following your bubble float. You have to be very careful about this as sometimes the garfish leaves only a small trace when followin the bait.

when you notice the bait being followed stop reeling and give a chance for the fish to eat the bait. Then slowly strike. If you're using the correct bait and type of hook size 90 out of 100 you'll have a good strike!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

rammx

is it possible to catch garfish from cliffs???....i frequently see large shoals...

placebo

yes it is.......a bubble float will do magic!

just use a little heavier rod and 0.16 terminal on hook.
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

EmicMalta

Hey gozitano, wellcome in thsi forum first of all.

Can you post yours pls http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php?topic=903.0

This year it looks like very good for them. When I use to make some dives withthe cliffs, I always seeing big shoals of very nice ones.

MartinB

Im seeing quite a few large shoals of imsell at the moment too...in fact i may just go for a session from off the rocks,or maybe even try a small lure (like pins minnow) as there are some large ones around! As i mentioned they are one of my favourite fish to eat  ;D

rammx

excuse my ignorance in spinning...so you can spin from shore for imsell with an artificial lure??

MartinB

Yes you can,in fact i have recently started to get alot of takes by very small imsell whilst spinning for 'cudas & on one occasion about 2 weeks ago i caught a small imsella (only about 12cm in length!) on a 55g metal lure!!!
That was one hungry little fish  :o
But you will definetly have a much higher catch rate using bait & the mothods mentioned here....but im a spinning fanatic personnally, and like i mentioned i have seen some decent sized imsell around lately and i think they would be alot of fun on light spinning gear  :)

SPITEC

Today I managed to catch a few in the afternoon from cirkewwa 21 with a 5meter pole it was really fun seeing their action but at 16:00 it started to get too windy and headed back home.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

MartinB

Well done Spitec! thats how i like to catch them with a small pole and you can see them biting!!  8)

SPITEC

They make you swear,they take the bait run for half a meter with it and they don't swallow it and let it go and if you try to strike it falls off.

MartinB

QuoteThey make you swear,they take the bait run for half a meter with it and they don't swallow it and let it go and if you try to strike it falls off.
I don't usually give them a chance to run with it! Just as soon as they turn to run or moves  immediately strike but slowly (small tap) and it usually gets them...also i like to use No.12  long shank hooks for them..its one of those fish where you need to catch a few to get back into the rhythm of them,especially me as i only go once in while for them now,but when i was a kid i used to go crazy for them!!!!

busumark

spitec you have to give the strike the opposite way that they are swiming with the bait. usually if you do like this you dont miss one

suffrun

thanks placebo for your response....... you are always ready to share your information with others!!

SPITEC

I couldn't guys the ones ar cirkewwa where very suspicious I was using 0.12 line and number 14 hook no float and no weights.They just bite if the line doesn't touch the water and they grab the bait with the tip of thear beak and if you try to strike you just loose it imediately.They are well fed their and there were other 2 guys trying to catch one but didn't manadge.