• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

jigging

Started by ganni, October 17, 2008, 08:59:17 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ganni

is anybody practising jigging regularly??

have you had any success??

im interested in buying a rod and reel and try out this technique
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

placebo

i caught some tracni this summer. One of them was a nice 1kg.

that's the best i achieved so far!

I also managed a small denci (500gms) but i have only tried for a short period of time since i do not like much this method!

For sure this is a method that works also around in our seas! So keep on trying...if you're lucky you will surely get that nice fish
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

neville

(translatation) You need to find the place first

trid isib ilpost lewwel
silver craft 395

Gazzetta

Nahseb xi wiehed pro f din t tip ta sajda int Nev, ha ttina xi naqa tips jew ??  ;)

Chris  8)

I think you are a pro in this type of fishing Nev, Any tips?? ;)

neville

ADNI NIBDA SISSA TRACNI BISS IMA IGENINT FUQ DIS-SAJDA
silver craft 395

shanook

Nev what type and size of jig are u using. Also did the hook come with it or did u buy separate ones.

neville

i used from 110gr to 150gr and the hook come separate   
silver craft 395

rob1974

Tried some jigging while my mate was fishing for clamari.  Caught an octopus, and another let go half the way up.  The type of fish you can catch with this type of fishing seems quite extensive!! In Italy there were reports of griebel and awrat caught with this method.

Rob

benri

Great Rob. The more write ups I read about jigging, the more I want to try it! I've also watched a couple of good clips on youtube. Were you jigging at night and if so was it a flouroscent lure you had?
I'd rather be fishing.....

rob1974

I caught the octopus when there was still some light, and when I tried later, in the dark, I did not hook anythong.  THe lure I used was a white flourescent searock weighing 200gr.  Was fishing in about 40m.

Rob

placebo

was at Angler Centre yesterday and some nice jigs are selling 2 for 9 euros.

good prices!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing