• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

A Warning to All

Started by skip, April 20, 2009, 19:53:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

Lately I am seeing alot of abuse of the forum registration agreement that you all agreed to when you signed up as an online member. I'll post the most relevant section as a reminder to all in case it's been forgotten:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which you know to be false, defamatory, deliberately inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Frankly I am concerned that abusive, hateful and harassing comments are appearing in various places, threads and posts even to the extent of bullying new members who may share a different opinion, or deciding to take matters into your own hands when someone passes a comment that many don't like.

There may be new or existing members who step out of line, or pass such comments, so may I remind you all to use the Report Post to a Moderator Button, Report Comment to a Moderator or Report Picture to a Moderator and let the Senior Moderator team handle the situation before it explodes into several pages of arguments and gets out of hand. This is supposed to be a friendly and relaxed forum and lately I'm starting to question just how friendly we really are.......

I have met some of you in person and you all were very nice and friendly so let's try and have this reflected online as well so that everyone can benefit. Alot of good information and extremely helpful advice can now be found here, but I'm sure there are many people who read the discussions but never register or register but never post because they feel that they will be insulted/attacked if they post.

I will personally be keeping a closer eye on things.