• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Glueing and removing carbon fins from footpockets.

Started by baghira, May 26, 2009, 09:03:01 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

baghira

I was using anax blades into omer footpockets, but I never liked the footpockets.

I was thinking to abut the pathos as some had mentioned, but these does not exist locally, and they are too expensive to ship them.
Yesterday my blades went off my pockets, (since they have been glued with super glue, something that i do not agree with). Now I have a pair of mares razor, and I was thinking to remove and use their footpocket. I find it better than the omer.

So how can I properly fix my blades in place. Should I use sikaflex????? And what if I need to remove them.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need something that, can be removed if needed, without ruining the blades.

Thanks guys
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ggantno1

sikaflex tkun tista tnehih kull ma trid naqa pacenzja u jitlaq!!! jien lilu l ahjar li sibt
Listen, I like female form in minimum dress Money to spend with a capital "S" Get a date with the woman in red Wanna be in heaven with three in a bed !!!

baghira

I will buy sika tomorrow, then if I will need to remove them, you would give me a hand ggantno1, won't you ;)

ggantno1

x haga ma nirangawx jien mil abjad uzajt s isa dejjem irnexxili
Listen, I like female form in minimum dress Money to spend with a capital "S" Get a date with the woman in red Wanna be in heaven with three in a bed !!!

markcam

I used the black sika, s'issa touch wood qatt ma taghni trouble.  Ilhom sentejn jaqalaw fil baxx u fond. U hekk trid tnehhih bil petrolju facli.

baghira

Ippruvajt l-anax gewwa l-mares razor footpocket u ma joqghodux sewwa, ghax ir -razor footpocket bent iktar.
Xi hadd ipprova qatt jew.??

baghira

Wahhalta fir razor u giet tajba.
Pero is sika flex ma qabadx sewwa mar rubber tal-footpocket???
Tghid ridt nixkatla ir rubber, jew nimsah b'xi spirit??

markcam

You've got a tough job ahead.  What you have to do is use petrolum or thinner, although I can assure you its not easy if it dried up completly. 

You let them dry for atleast 3 days before using them? 

baghira

oh shit.................
so how could it be that it did not stick to the rubber????????????
And what should I do after removing it..............Hope I will have a pair for the competition.

markcam

You have to put shit loads of sika-flex.  I learnt how to do mine from MEDFISH....... The topic name is called Fin Mounting, search for it, its very helpful. 

ggantno1

L ahjar jekk ha terga tnehih uza xafra u nehhi kem tista minnu hekk!!!  wara tih xkatlatura hafifa b 200 , li ma jinqalax ma jimputax ghax sinjal li jkun qabad sew , mesha bl white spirit peres li mhux qawwi daqs thinner u jamel inqas hsara  u tista  tbellalom sikaflex

Jien l blades fejn ikun sa jehel is sika  nadijom wahda sandpaper hafifa u mesha ukoll halli tnehilom dik lega gloss u sika jaqbad ahjar  :P

baghira

hekk ghamilt l-ahwa. Qbadt xafra u l-kumplament bil-white spirit u thinner. Li ma marx baqa hemm............ Li grali illi bi xafra carrat xi ftit mill edging tar rubber li jkun hemm mal carbon blade edge, imbghad ergajt wahhaltu bis-sika. Jien nahseb tista tixtrih dak jekk trid.

Pero to my dissatisfaction I had to use again my old omer millenium footpockets since that the sika does not attach to the mares razor rubber. and since I have the competition next saturday, I needed to finish them.

Ha nghidlek trid 2 hours job biex taqla is-sika u terga twahhal, u skoss pacenzja.

EmicMalta

lima sika uzajtu? ghandi bzonn nwahhal set fins u nixtieq in id darba nuza xi tip ta silicon

baghira

sikaflex li hemm miktub fuq medfish jien uzajt. imma ma tantx impressjonani eh.

ggantno1

sika ta zalzetta nejdlu jien mhux ta l istoc l pakket tieghu isfar u hu kulur abjad . lilu sibt l ahjar jien. isib tixtrih mil ironmongerys  jiswa xi 9 euros