• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Shore Fishing Potential Of Malta

Started by Wedge, February 25, 2007, 15:08:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedge

Hi,

I am a uk angler with sea fishing experience here in Britain but am very interested in exploring the shore fishing potential of Malta with a view to organising guided tours for British anglers.

Could you guys fill me in on the potential of shore fishing in Malta?  What can be caught and how?

My main interests are lure and fly fishing, what are the best locations for these types of fishing and what can be caught.

Any help would be great, I am an angler with a growing reputation in the midlands (UK) visit my site www.minimalistangler.co.uk and say hello, and you?re more than welcome!

Regards

Wedge ;D

ciappinu

Not too recomendable.........you need to know what you're doing if you want to catch something decent from the shore. Normally you need a boat to get some decent fishing.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

skip

Fly fishing may have some potential as its not really done here and those that do seem to get good results although I am not versed on it myself. From shore, lures aren't really used, except maybe for Barracuda etc, at least that's my understanding of it. As Ciappinu states, running off the coast with a boat, doing 3-5 knots trolling lures is more the thing.

Beach casting is getting more popular, but std shore fishing tends to be very specific. Hopefully some of the others can help you out.

Skip

Simon G

Shore fishing here can be rewarding once in a while i myself fished for a very long time from the shore and caught a few nice fish
in my opinion what people do not understand is that the fish have become more intelligent and old methods do not always work you have to experiment allot to get good results also our water is so clear that fish can see the line so you have to use thin line pref fluorocarbon and you also need to try new places
best of luck
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman