• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

the tips

Started by gozo123, November 30, 2009, 14:28:10 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

gozo123

what is best to use???
can you plz right back in english im am not the best in maltes thank you!

Jamelusp

Lupi ~ A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

gozo123

i have A and C but i alway us C bigis fish alwasy getawayand i never hit them with A not sure what to do????
can you plz right back in english im am not the best in maltes thank you!

Jamelusp

Same here, got both but would like to hear from several others for opinions...

mellieha

I use a tip similar to F. 

Kevin G

I use F and C, but mine (f) it is a big longer at the front from that "bracket"
The Sea Sweeper :D

Granitu

forget tridents for nice fish... bullets all the way guys
Good season so far.....

Jamelusp

FREEDIVE, nahseb 100 tajjeb bhala size tal harpoon jew ?
ax li andi 50 imma isa waslitli l karta biex nkun nista nixtri iehor. Seac Sub gej

markcam

It all depends on what fish you're targeting.  I personally would never go for a screw on tip and the best tip for me is a bullet (at the moment dopja aletta) the one with the least resistance when sliding my hand down the spear(from the tip downwards).   

For octopuses, squids, crevice hunting, small fish etc, thats another story!

baghira

Guys I do not like any of these.
As markam said, I am against screw on tips, except for small guns that we use for tana, and again I would not go for c (trident) I would go for other 4/5 'fiocina' which gets better hold of the fish, and the tips are longer.

Go for the full spear and an aletta which is slightly loger then these, markam uses doppia aletta for bigger game I assume.

You will not get good results immediately but I you love this sport, you will have to persist, and get better in aiming, and technique.

Do not shoot small species please, especially species that grow very big...... I would not be very happy to meet you in the water with any.
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

freediver

hi guys as baghira said there are many types of spearguns one can use, but the important is that one can learn how to use them for the type of fishing.
At the moment i use 106 for general use i do agguato the 106 is good speargun for fishing with a lot of movment like agguato.
for aspetto is better a longer gun because your not approching fish so one need an accurit long gun.
And for tana i use one 75 and an other one 50 no fiocena i prifer bullet with dopja aletta.

Dive safe
Mark

Granitu

something maybe different for you, but to date i am using these spears

something different to the doppia aletta is the torsion2, till now i tried it and it is proving to be a very good spear for aspetto and agguato. the aletta is much stonger, since no fish can break the conventional pin of the aletta, it is eliminated in this tehnology. moreover it is 360 degrees rotating and needs to be stopped with an o ring.
the spear is anti reflective and fish like dentex do not ruin themselves or manage to break free after the excessive amount of stress, rotation they do when hit.

cons i did find is that the tip is not of the strongest, very sharp but a little fragile. but it has an interchangeable tip, needs to be heated and reheated something that i didn't like. do not imagine using it for tana, the aletta easily gets stuck anywhere since it is 360 degress rotating te gravity pulls it down, so....

Good season so far.....

baghira

What a tip.......
Wow looks great. but a bit too risky.........
As you said, if you shoot a fish between some rocks, there is not need to be in tana, how the heck will you get that spear out???

But as said.... For aspetto    ...........
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fabrizioviper

kif qal freedive 100 huwa all rounder , 90 tajjeb hafna ukoll , bhala tips dawk tal kamin konna nuzawom fuq harpoons ta l arja l aktar , tip C ma tejd xejn jek tixtieq tuza froxna uza 4 or 5 points , jien nuza 100 effesub sibtu tajjeb hafna u xi 75 jew 60 biex nuza fil gebel ,viper 90 amilt xi 15 yrs nistad bih li sibt veru WINNER.
If I give you a fish I'll be feeding you once, if i'll show you how I caught it I'll be feeding you for ever.