• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Okuma Reels in Malta

Started by skip, January 29, 2010, 17:56:40 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

Guys as many of you know, the main representative of Okuma Fishing in Malta is Buona Pesca Trading, who principle sales channel is Ta'Bormla in Mosta. All Okuma reels purchased from Ta'Bormla have a full two year warranty covering material and manufacturing defects, which will be replaced or faulty parts will be substituted for free by Buona Pesca.

OKUMA-1976

Martin Bowler an all round angler who is now working for svendsen sport okuma europe said and i quote
''only the best is good enough because failure can't be tolerated and OKUMA is the reel to save the day and land the impossible''

shanook

skip

I have my eye on the new Okuma Solterra Level Drag reels that have just come out. The SLR-20 and SLR-30 looked like well priced awesome reels for the type of trolling we do here in Malta. Check them out, hopefully they will be available here this summer

Kevin G

Any one knows someone who services okuma cedros reels? need to change the drag washers.... ended up smoking today..
The Sea Sweeper :D

Granitu

Quote from: Kevin G on October 04, 2016, 17:25:54 CET
Any one knows someone who services okuma cedros reels? need to change the drag washers.... ended up smoking today..

best you do them yourself. not that difficult
Good season so far.....

Kevin G

ic will check online to see how they are done then... anyone heard of carbontex drag washers..  seems to work much better..

Granitu

Quote from: Kevin G on October 05, 2016, 04:37:57 CET
ic will check online to see how they are done then... anyone heard of carbontex drag washers..  seems to work much better..

Read through Alan tani's forum. Yes carbotex drags are good :)
Good season so far.....

baghira

ended up smoking today :-)
That's a good sign
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

redhead

Keep in mind that with the carbotex washers max drag will increase considerably and the reel might not be able to handle that. So never go beyond the reel's max drag rating even if with the new carbon fiber washers the spool might be able to produce higher values. Grease the carbon fiber washers with a good quality drag grease to have a smoother startup and better heat distribution.

Jig Harder --->

Kevin G