• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Blue fin tuna

Started by fin, July 17, 2007, 11:51:33 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

fin

Dear all,

after being very adamant and once upon a time a sushi lover (long story), i was convinced to try close to raw tuna, italian fisher man at sea style. One may ask, what the hell would that be?

Well i only asked after trying the very first morsel. It melted in my mouth and all i could taste was the sea. Quite obviously i had to ask! How? As simple as one could not even imagine!

So, when u catch your blue fin of any size, bleed it for about 10 minutes. Then gut it and fillet it. Should u be able to, marinate instantly in balsamic vinegar, a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, some garlic and herbs if you want. Unable to do this then freeze well, and do so upon arrival at home.

Marinade for about 6 - 8 hours and then right after pan fry for about 60 secs on each side and thats it...

The blend of raw tuna and a slightly cooked side with the marinade inside...
yum yum...

try it out and tell me what you think?

FIN

p.s most important of all , the strips must be relatively thin to keep consistency of taste!

Lets put MALTA on the map with our fishing knowledge.

gottie

yes For me that's the only way to eat blue fin Tuna. Raw with Marinade.

ramio

Honestly, the thought of raw fish doesn't appiel to me much, although I know from the bit of cooking experience I have that marination starts cooking the fish. Maybe with a couple of glases wine inside me, I may have enough courage to try it out somtime, but it has to be prepared for me.
Can't wait to go fishing

skip

Japanese sashimi tuna is never served fresh by the way. It's always fresh frozen to kill any potential bacteria as its usually served raw.

camkev

i taught it was served fresh not fresh frozen.So when it's out of the freezer it has a very short time margain to be eaten?
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

skip

As they need to cut it wafer thin for sushi they cut it whilst frozen and then serve what they need.