• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Top 3 GPS/Fishfinder Combos

Started by robby017, August 23, 2011, 11:40:53 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

All three brands are good, including the more price sensitive Humminbird. What's great is that over the past 2 years the representives of these brands have all supported the forum and know us and our members and hopefully this helps with securing the best deal and advice.

In the Raymarine A series you will need to look at the 50D or 57D in that price range.

Humminbird the 6xx or 7xx

And the Lowrance HDS series are well worth the money Robby. Of all the brands I am the least familiar with the Garmin range.

If you want something for 200m + deep bottom fishing you would need to seriously up your budget due to the cost of the transducers that are usually Airmar

robby017

up to 200m is more than enough for us
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Swordfish

Robby, i think you have recommened me the 788c Hummingbird and that is what i have purchased. It has costed me 840eurs. Before i purchased it I was looking more at an HDS combo console however when i asked the shop owner he told me that he never had HD consoles while on the Hummingbird website they do exist. I would personally recommend you to buy it from abroad as you would definitely save a lot of money and with the money spent you would get a much better console then you would in Malta. Here in Malta everything is much much expensive. Just my 2cents.

robby017

yes Swordfish, that is one of my favourites as i personally used it myself on a friends boat...
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work