• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

fishing for Alungi

Started by ciantar, May 03, 2012, 06:15:28 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ganni

@ gaffer, from windfinder weather looks very promising

Wind should not exceed 10 kts...however i would say that nearly every day during the hot hours of the summer months wind speeds exceed 10 kts.  This is due to the land breeze that is generated as a result of the temperature difference between land and sea (ziffa ta' l-art)
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

redhead

Have been out today for our first alalungi trip. Trolled the second ridge and further out from 06:00 to 12:00 and not a single bite and this is not at all normal !!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Have you registerd some catches today or this week ?
Jig Harder --->

toxictuna

we are bored of seeing boats in the photo gallery.... show use some big eyed alungi...

The_Gaffer

Was out yesterday, got 4 hookups, and we managed to gaff 2. I trolled the 2nd ridge just in front of filfla.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

benri

Was out yesterday in quite a swell. We only managed to land one 10kg alonga! What was strange is that I had four hits without a hoop up which was something I never use to face before! I only know the reason of one of these which was the first one and I felt like slapping myself! I left the hook cover on :(
I'd rather be fishing.....

The_Gaffer

Yes, it was very strange.  I lost a lure because the line broke quite near the rod.  I suspect the drag on the Solterra reel wasn't letting out line in a consistant way, more like jerks.  Second alonga that got away ws on one of the outrigger rods, it strike broke the rubber band, but the hook failed to set in!
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

looks like u guys had some Pastardell or swordfish teasing ur lures.........unlucky u didnt hook it up.....Alungi dont have a lot of bones structure in mouth so usually the hook sets in quick

Gogo

Yes shanook is right.

If lures are of the hard type pastardella and swordfish are more difficult to hook up.

Gogo

toxictuna

I got one hook up and one miss myself till noon . not too much...

guido99

Did some trolling for Albacore yesterday, caught one around 10am, switched to do some bottom fishing shortly afterwards.
Hey, what part of "Bring your own Beer" didn't you understand ?

digger0579

hi there,

I went early in the morning but had to turn back after 6miles as the sea was in a rage out there. we tried to put the leures out but the sea was too rough to stay out there. we were near land by 7:30

How far out are they catching them ?
Petecraft 17 Sport with Suzuki DF90..............

The_Gaffer

between the 1st and 2ridge.  Bil-malti alongi qed jinqabdu bejn l-ewwel u tieni xifer
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Gogo

Yes, today the sea was rather rough early in the morning. However by 9.00 all the swell flattened and the wind faded to a breeze.

I got two nice 10 kilos alungi early in the morning before 7.00. Then nothing. I was only about 10 miles out off benghisa.

Very poor catches so far. Hope something turns up by end of June.

Gogo

malliadan

ha nergaw nippruvaw al alungi din is sena wara li pruvajna darba xi 2yrs ilu, il barra min filfla qalu li qed jaqbdu? l ewwel u it tieni xiefer fej qedin pls? forsi andkom xi heading?

toxictuna

mhux heading trid imma chart plotter Jew mappa. inkella imxi wara xi daghjsa tila u nizla wara filfa parallel max xatt