• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Tohatsu M9.9C cooling

Started by SUIGA, September 24, 2013, 17:03:00 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

SUIGA

Would appriecate any help.....
I have a Tohatsu M9.9c (2 stroke) pre 2002 model which is not passing water through the pee hole,
with a new impeller pump kit replaced.
I tried to open and clogged passage through the hole buy inserting a 6" long flexible pipe with no success.
Any body with suggestions where to remove next?

The_Gaffer

Dont know how Tohotsu are set up, but my johnson had the same problem.  The problem lies with the sea water delivery tube to the engine.  It was blocked.  Suggest you to get to the tube, or passage way, you need to take out the lower part of the outboard.  Again, this is the johnson setup, so i suggest you log onto youtube, and che k how tohotsu are set up.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

SUIGA

I had a look at the delivery tube when the gearcase was out to replace the impeller kit and was fine, i suspect there might be a blockage somewhere around the combustion chamber passages, but I dont know where to start from.

Granitu

You need to open the engine cooling system and work it from there.

Most likely that is were u have the problem. This is a technical matter and i would speak to a mechanic... And goodluck with the outboard once they start suffering from this problem they keep on having the problem...
Good season so far.....

Destination Sea

pts to check: -check that the grommet in the cylinder block where the tube fits has not been dislodged upon removal.

ensure that tube is being inserted in head (maybe slight bend)

bleed hole in impellor housing is not closed.

lower unit in a tank:  try turning shaft very fast and see if any water comes out of the tube.

try injecting salt away through the check port (pee phole) before removing head.
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20