• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

I would like to share one of my catch from last week

Started by freediver, February 18, 2008, 07:37:05 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

freediver

Hi guys i'm new to this forum but i'm really like it i posted  my first catch ,a small octa 1.75 kg from a quick dive

skip

Welcome to the forum and nice catch. If possible please put your pictures in the new gallery instead of here on the board and then you can use an image link to still display it in your post. Instructions on how to do this are provided in the main Photo's of your catch board.

Thanks

EmicMalta

nice one mate. This year was really good for octopus. Still now can be find nice ones around

bigboy

I'm glad to hear that you spear fishers are doin well with ocotpus :) on the other hand we as fisherman who fish for octopus with nassi are doing very bad catching not more than 5kg in 100 nassi :s hoipe that this will change

visa

hey guys san lucian complex in M'xlokk would like to get their hands on live octupus for breeding purposes, so if you catch any alive think about donating it to them, thanks
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke

Granitu

yep last week aa frie3nd of mine caught one alive in the 1kg range. it was in the shallow water
Good season so far.....

EmicMalta

Quote from: bigboy on February 18, 2008, 16:58:28 CET
I'm glad to hear that you spear fishers are doin well with ocotpus :) on the other hand we as fisherman who fish for octopus with nassi are doing very bad catching not more than 5kg in 100 nassi :s hoipe that this will change

where do you go? Places? I meet a lot of nassi and even long lines, maybe i can suggest a better places. Even sometimes they are in bad places and thats why one doesnt catch. I really like places where fisherman trows nassi cos even for me they help me a lot. 2 summers ago there was 2 guys trowing 6-7 nassi each day and control them in the eavening. They use to get a lot of octopus and even fish like parrot fish and morey. Infact i used to catch a lot os fish from around them and to say it onestly I used to care for them cos was like baiting fish for me. And once I saw a guy who I know well and was taking the octopus from them and had a bad agument with him. 1st cos maybe these 2 guys may think that I use to open them, 2nd isn t fair for these guys, and 3rd even for me cos if they use to find the nassi empty they use to stop trowing them. They where in a difficult bay where to go so not a lot of people knew about these.

EmicMalta

Quote from: visa on February 20, 2008, 18:57:18 CET
hey guys san lucian complex in M'xlokk would like to get their hands on live octupus for breeding purposes, so if you catch any alive think about donating it to them, thanks

Its ok for me if they only let me swim with my preferit fish.   AJs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can have a contact no? tomorrow i will go for a couple of hours so I will try ti keep them alive. The problem is that to keep them alive is difficult cos they try to escape. I can give them what ever they want :)

bigboy

Emic we have over a 100 nassi ranging from in front of the reverse osmosis plant in bahar ic caq all the way up to places in front of st pauls bay. They are in the range of 30 fathoms depth so i reckon that it is impossible for you to get to those places. Do you know of any good places around there maybe in shallower areas?