• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

swordfish from blata tal-melh

Started by busumark, February 18, 2008, 18:39:11 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

busumark

MARTIN B you know roderick from rabat the hairdresser who goes fishing at blata. they told that to-day he caught a 27kg swordfish with the imbrejkba. he goes with the imbrejka during the night and you know joe the guy with the red cap he went for it with his boat

MartinB

Wow! its been a long time since i heard of someone catching a swordfish on mrejkba down there!i have not been going cos ive been very,very busy at work...roderick deserves it too!! first of all to go down there at NIGHT with all this cold weather,and also because he goes very often so he deserves a lucky break!

busumark

he once also caught one of 6kg. the one he caught today was caught by the fins. we catch sometimes swordfish or by the tail or fins. i think they go to spear the bait and get caught

MartinB

6kg swordfish that would be nice to catch on a spinner!! me & my father & uncle caught a swordfish of around 18kg from blata tal melh with the mrejkba when i was a kid (about 20yrs ago) and if i remember right it was caught it through one of the fins too,and eventually my uncle managed to get the attention of someone with a boat to help us bring it to shore by firing his shotgun in the air a few times.....Mobile phones are very handy things!!!!!  :)

shanook

Well MartinB the shotgun worked fine didnt it................. well done to Roderick hope we get a photo on MFF.

MartinB

Yes shannok it sure did mate! In fact people who go with the mrejkba regularly down there usually take a shotgun to grab the attention of boats who might be about to inadvertently cross over their long line...& it sure beats the hell out of shouting!